Chandler-Watson wedding invitation
Collection number: ahc.MSS55f
Scope and Content
This collection contains an invitation for the wedding between Beth Imogene Chandler, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Gladstone Lewis Chandler, and Reverend Theodore John Watson, Jr. on August 29, 1964. The couple married in the Cathedral of St. Phillip. Ms. Chandler was the first African American woman married in a predominantly white church in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Watson, Theodore John, Jr. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Chandler-Watson wedding invitation
- Paul Crater
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.