Skip to main content

Peachtree Hills Garden Club scrapbook

 Collection
Identifier: ahc.MSS682

Scope and Content

This collection contains one scrapbook that describes the social and civic activities of the club. Material includes photographs, membership rosters, clippings, and meeting announcements. The club's interest in flower arranging is highlighted in workshop photographs.

Dates

  • 1959-1960

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use

Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.

Administrative/Biographical History

The Peachtree Hills Garden Club of Atlanta, Georgia, was organized in 1953 and is a member of The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc. and the Atlanta Garden Center. The club was governed by elected officers such as president, vice president, and treasurer. The club's civic projects included the beautification of the Peachtree Hills neighborhood and donating flowers to the Veterans Hospital No. 48 on Peachtree Road. Additional historical information about the club has not been determined.

Extent

1.75 linear ft. (one oversize box)

Language

English

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift, 1981

Description Control

This collection was reprocessed in 2016.
Title
Peachtree Hills Garden Club scrapbook
Author
Jennie Oldfield
Date
April 2016
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid is written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center Repository

Contact:
130 West Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30305
404-814-4040