Skip to main content

Lullwater Garden Club yearbook

 Collection
Identifier: ahc.MSS732f

Scope and Content

This collection contains one yearbook describing the civic and social activities of the club. Included in the yearbook are monthly program details, civic projects, committee assignments, and a membership roster. Also a part of the yearbook are flower show announcements and gardening advice.

Dates

  • 1956-1957

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use

Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.

Administrative/Biographical History

The Lullwater Garden Club of Atlanta, Georgia, was formed in 1928 and is a member of The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc. and the DeKalb County Federation of Garden Clubs, Inc. The club is governed by elected officers such as president, vice president, and treasurer. In 1931, the club began the long term project of maintaining the Lullwater Conservation Garden on Lullwater Road. The club purchased the 6.5 acre property from Emory University in 1964 and continue to oversee the garden. The club has supported many organizations such as the U.S.O. (United Service Organizations), the Red Cross Flower Service, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Home, and Rich's Garden Center. The club hosts and participates in numerous flower shows, and holds an annual plant sale to benefit the conservation garden. Additional historical information about the club has not been determined.

Extent

1 folder(s)

Language

English

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift, 1998

Description Control

This collection was processed in 2016.
Title
Lullwater Garden Club yearbook
Author
Jennie Oldfield
Date
September 2016
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid is written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center Repository

Contact:
130 West Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30305
404-814-4040