Civil Rights Movement ephemera
Collection number: ahc.MSS748f
Scope and Content
This collection contains fliers, pamphlets, mailouts, and statements from the Civil Rights Movement in Georgia. Subjects addressed in the documents include racial relations in the south, school segregation, African-American voting, civil rights demonstrations, and memorials to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Some materials in this collection pre-date the recognized beginning of the Civil Rights Movement, in 1954.
- 1934-1978, undated
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
System of Arrangement
This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.
This collection was processed in 2017.
- African American civil rights workers -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Civil rights movements -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- History -- 20th century
- Commission on Interracial Cooperation
- King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006
- King, Martin Luther, Jr.
- Segregation in education -- Georgia
- Southern Regional Council
- United States. Congress. House
- Civil Rights Movement ephemera
- Kelley Warrington
- March 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.