Iron manufacturers advertisement
Scope and Content
This collection contains an advertisement from four Philadelphia iron manufacturers, E. W. Shippen; R. F. & G. R. Bancroft; Reeder & Croff; and M. Lachenmaier. The advertisement was originally in Colton's Atlas of the World, 1856. A variety of ornamental wrought iron structures are depicted such as fences, railings, gates, as well as a fountain and garden sculpture. E. W. Shippen's advertisement includes notice of the Premium Silver Medal awarded by the Metropolitan Mechanics' Institute in 1855. Of special interest are mention of products such as spittoons, hitching posts, and wash stands.
- R. F. & G. R. Bancroft (Philadelphia, Pa.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
1 folder(s) (one oversize folder)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was processed in 2017.
- Architectural ironwork -- Pennslyvania -- Philadelphia
- Fences -- Design and construction
- Fountains -- Design and construction
- Garden ornaments and furniture -- Pennslyvania -- Philadelphia
- Gates -- Design and construction
- Iron-works -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia
- Lachenmaier, Mattahais
- Metropolitan Mechanics' Institute
- R. F. & G. R. Bancroft (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Reeder & Croff (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Shippen, Evans Wallace
- Wrought iron furniture -- Pennslyvania -- Philadelphia
- Iron manufacturers advertisement
- Jennie Oldfield
- April 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.