Skip to main content

Cyclorama Restoration, Inc. records

 Collection
Collection number: ahc.MSS825

Scope and Content

This collection contains all the records available from the Cyclorama Restoration project. These consist of the following: a copy of the conveyance of the painting to the city of Atlanta, the establishment of the charter and by-laws, Board of Directors, minutes of meetings, and financial records. There is also a record of correspondence, news clippings, and an alphabetical listing of the contributors to the renovation project.

Dates

  • 1975-1991, undated

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use

Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.

Administrative/Biographical History

The Cyclorama painting of the Battle of Atlanta was conveyed to the city of Atlanta on April 14, 1898. Cyclorama Restoration, Inc. was established in 1975 to oversee the rejuvenation of the exhibit, located in Grant Park in Atlanta, Georgia. There was a dedication ceremony for the renovated painting on December 14, 1981, by Mayor Maynard Jackson. The project was completed in 1991.

Extent

2.4 linear ft. (six document cases)

Language

English

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift, 1991

Separated Materials

Diddie, Dumps, and Tot or Plantation Child-life by Louise-Clarke Pyrnelle was separated to the library's rare book collection.

Description Control

This collection was processed in 2013.
Title
Cyclorama Restoration, Inc. records
Author
Josh Hogan
Date
December 2013
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script
Language of description note
Finding aid is written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center Repository

Contact:
130 West Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30305
404-814-4040