Focal Point, Inc. records
Scope and Content
This collection consists mainly of articles and advertisements of Focal Point, Inc. Other items included are the company's mission statement, awards, a history, and product brochures.
- 1945-1993, undated
- Focal Point, Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
Florence Harris Ricker Pottinger-Cloudt, also known as Florence Ricker Cloudt, was a 1946 graduate of Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana, with a degree in Fine Arts. Cloudt began work as an interior decorator, working with contractors. In 1970, she and Jerry Garrison founded Focal Point, Inc., a company specializing in the development and manufacturing of polyurethane cast moldings and decorative medallions. They invented these decorative elements, which were only a fraction of the weight of traditional plaster pieces. Cloudt obtained control of the multi-million dollar company and served as its president while her daughter, Hallie Bromley, joined her in working in the company as its vice-president.
2.4 linear ft. (1 document case; 1 oversized box)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was processed in 2013.
- Bromley, Hallie
- Businesswomen -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Cloudt, Florence Ricker
- Garrison, Jerry
- Interior decorators -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Inventors -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Self-employed women -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Women -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Women interior decorators -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Women inventors -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Women-owned business enterprises -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Focal Point, Inc. records
- Josh Hogan
- August 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.