Skip to main content

A.J. Martin Hardware Company records

 Collection
Identifier: ahc.MSS877

Scope and Content

This collection contains seven journals/ledgers and three trial balance books. The journals/ledgers give a detailed account of the items that A.J. Martin Hardware Company carried and what they paid for them.

Dates

  • 1895-1909, undated

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use

Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.

Administrative/Biographical History

A.J. Martin Hardware Company of Atlanta, Georgia, which first appears in the city directories in 1897, first dealt in hardware, house furnishings, and carriage and wagon materials. Later the company's advertisements indicated that they were wholesale and retail dealers in hardware, woodenware, and house furnishing goods, which included stoves, ranges, pistols, and ammunition. The store was located at 246 and 248 Marietta Street and was managed by Albert J. Martin. The company's last appearance in the city directories was in 1918.

Extent

0.8 linear ft. (2 document cases)

Language

English

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift, 1982

Description Control

This collection was processed in 2013.
Title
A.J. Martin Hardware Company records
Author
Josh Hogan
Date
July 2013
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid is written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center Repository

Contact:
130 West Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30305
404-814-4040