First National Bank of Atlanta records
Collection number: ahc.MSS939
Scope and Content
The records in this collection reflect various aspects of daily business activities of the First National Bank of Atlanta and its two predecessors during the early to middle twentieth century. The records include property leases; administrative and operating records; transactions with the City of Atlanta, Fulton County, and federal banking agencies; federal regulations, and loan documents during the first half of the twentieth century. Records originated at the First National Bank of Atlanta, the Fourth National Bank of Atlanta, and the Atlanta and Lowry National Bank.
- Atlanta and Lowry National Bank (Atlanta, Ga.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
The First National Bank of Atlanta was a full service banking institution with headquarters at Five Points, in the City's central business district, and with several branch offices. The First National Bank of Atlanta was created in 1929 by a merger of the Fourth National Bank of Atlanta and the Atlanta and Lowry National Bank. In 1991, it merged with, and took the name of, Wachovia Bank. Additional historical information about the First National Bank of Atlanta has not been determined.
3.6 linear ft. (seven document cases and one half document case)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- The First National Bank of Atlanta records
- Laura Starratt
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.