Skip to main content

Chastain Park Garden Club scrapbook

 Collection
Identifier: ahc.MSS973

Scope and Content

This collection contains one scrapbook that documents the club's civic and social activities. Included in the scrapbook are correspondence, clippings, photos, programs, and yearbooks that provide details on the meetings, flower shows, and civic work of the club.

Dates

  • 1954-2005

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use

Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.

Administrative/Biographical History

The Chastain Park Garden Club of Atlanta, Georgia, was organized in 1954 "to increase our knowledge and love of gardening, to improve our home grounds, to encourage civic beauty, and to promote neighborliness." The club joined The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc. in 1956. The club is governed by elected officers such as president, vice president, and treasurer. The club has supported several civic projects such as landscaping the Chastain Park entrance at Powers Ferry Road and Stella Drive, beautifying the campus of the James L. Riley Elementary School, and other neighborhood beautification projects. The club has also hosted and participated in numerous flower shows.

Extent

1.58 linear ft. (one oversize box)

Language

English

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift, 2006

Description Control

This collection was processed in 2014.
Title
Chastain Park Garden Club scrapbook
Author
Jennie Oldfield
Date
2014
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid is written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center Repository

Contact:
130 West Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30305
404-814-4040