Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company Photographs
Scope and Contents of the Records
This collection is comprised primarily of photographs of geographic locations in Atlanta and the state of Georgia. They were obtained by Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company through the course of business and were probably used to promote their services as a printing company. The photographs were taken by commercial photographers and photojournalists such as Edgar Orr (active 1922-1964), Kenneth Rogers (Head of the Constitutions Photography department, and later the head of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Magazine, active from 1924-1972), Carolyn Carter (Rogers’ photography assistant at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution), and Ken Patterson. The bulk of the collection consists of aerial images of downtown Atlanta but the collection also includes many images of rural areas across Georgia.
- 1961-1962, undated
- Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company was founded in 1920 as Atlanta Blue Print Company. Businessman Thomas L. Johnson (1900-1955), took over the company in 1922. Johnson was also a football referee for the Southeastern Conference. Originally located on Auburn Avenue, the company changed location several times before settling at 1052 West Peachtree Street. The name of the company changed in 1994 to Imaging Technologies Services. Headquartered in Atlanta, the company is now a supplier of imaging services in the southeastern United States. It operates branches in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Arrangement of the Papers
This collection is arranged in four series: (1) People; (2) Events; (3) Geographic Locations; and (4) Scenery.
Gift of Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company, 1979 (1979.477)
General Physical Description note
Extent: 186 black and white photographic prints
Collection processed in 2007
- Aerial views -- 1960-1970
- Agnes Scott College
- Amicalola Falls (Ga.)
- Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Atlanta Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Cityscapes -- 1960-1970
- East Lake Golf Club (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Farm life -- Georgia
- Farming -- Georgia
- Gainesville (Ga.)
- Golf -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Lake Burton (Ga.)
- Little White House (Warm Springs, Ga.)
- Midway (Ga.)
- Mountains -- Georgia
- Okefenokee Swamp (Ga. and Fla.)
- Sports -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Toccoa Falls (Ga.)
- Wren's Nest (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company Photographs ahc.VIS 112
- An Inventory of Its Photographs at the Kenan Research Center of the Atlanta History Center
- Inventory prepared by Paul Crater
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.