Robert D. Klein Photographs
Scope and Contents of the Records
This collection is comprised of images of buildings in the commercial district of downtown Atlanta, and in an outlying area which is presently known as Midtown. The collection includes views of the Empire Building on Broad Street (later named Citizens and Southern National Bank Building), the Hurt Building on Hurt Plaza, Rich’s Department Store on Broad Street, the Ruralist Press Building located on Hunter Street, and Peachtree Apartments (later named Hotel Peachtree Manor) located on Peachtree Street. Some of the photographs were taken by Edgar Orr Studios of Atlanta, Georgia.
- circa 1920 -1925
- Klein, Robert D. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
No biographical information is available for Robert D. Klein.
Arrangement of the Papers
This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.
Gift of Robert D. Klein, 1979 (1979.262).
General Physical Description note
5 black and white photographic prints
Collection processed in 2006.
- Alabama Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Automobiles -- 1920-1930
- Broad Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Empire Building (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Hurt Building (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Office buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Orr, Edgar H. (Edgar Harold)
- Peachtree Apartments (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Peachtree Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Rich's (Retail store)
- Ruralist Press Building (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Robert D. Klein Photographs, circa 1920 -1925ahc.VIS 127
- Inventory prepared by Paul Crater
- July 2009
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note