Morton Brailsford Paine photographs
Scope and Content
This collection contains photographs of scenes in Atlanta, Georgia, as well as Augusta, Georgia. Included are photographs of the American Bank Building; Piedmont Hotel; and the English-American Building (known as the Flatiron Building) in Atlanta. Other images include photographs of automobiles, bicycles, architecture, hotels, and bridges.
- 1902-1915, undated
- Paine, Morton Brailsford (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Morton Brailsford Paine (1883-1940) was born in Charleston, South Carolina, to Morton Brailsford Paine (1850-1912) and Harriet Ashby Paine (1850-1912). He had two siblings: Isabel A. (1872-1957) and Mary E. (1874-1941). Known as one of the first photographers to use a motion-picture camera on the East Coast, Paine focused on capturing images of architecture and scientific advancements in Charleston. His neice, Harriet Lawrence Huston (1901-1989), donated Morton's photographs in 1955. Additional biographical information about Morton Brailsford Paine has not been determined.
13 image(s) (13 black and white photographic prints)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
VIS 341 was previously catalogued as PAI.
This collection was reprocessed in 2018.
- Architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Augusta (Ga.) -- History
- Automobiles -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- 1910-1920
- Bicycles & tricycles -- 1910-1920
- Bridges -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Building -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Century Building (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Commercial buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Construction -- 1920-1930
- Construction -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Eiseman Building (Atlanta, Ga.)
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Hotels -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Piedmont Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Vesta Electric Supply Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Warner Instrument Co. (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Morton Brailsford Paine photographs
- Breylan Martin
- October 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.