Buckhead Fifty Club records
Collection number: ahc.MSS348
Scope and Content
This collection contains the constitution and by-laws of the Buckhead Fifty Club, including membership lists for the years 1932, 1934, 1952, 1956-1957, 1959, 1962-1979, 1981-1983 and one labeled the 1979 Presidential Edition. There are minutes and resolutions of the organization from the years 1935-1940 and a history of the club's activities from 1934-1956. Also included are newspaper clippings in 1955 about the Little League team and the annual Santa Claus parade the club sponsored, as well as an article on a tax protest that was hosted by the club in 1956.
- Buckhead Fifty Club (Atlanta, Ga.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
The Buckhead community in Atlanta, Georgia contains the city's third largest business district. The Buckhead Fifty Club is the community's oldest civic club. It was formed in February 1932 by John W. Pickelsimer at the Buckhead branch of the Fulton National Bank on Peachtree Road. Pickelsimer invited twenty local businessmen to form a group to work with Fulton County government agencies to pave roads and clean streets, organize trash removal, install street lights, and gain other local services. These services were eventually taken over by city government agencies when the Buckhead community was annexed by the City of Atlanta in 1952. Additional administrative information on the Buckhead Fifty Club has not been determined.
0.21 linear_ft. (one half size document case)
System of Arrangement
This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gifts, 1980 and 1983
This collection was reprocessed in 2012.
- Buckhead Fifty Club records
- Laura Starratt
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Finding aid is written in English.