Skip to main content

Central Presbyterian Church records

 Collection
Identifier: ahc.MSS354

Scope and Content

This collection is comprised of the records created by the Central Presbyterian Church. Included in the records are minutes, church histories, photographs, and programs.

Dates

  • 1858-1969

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use

Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.

Administrative/Biographical History

The Presbyterian Church of Atlanta divided to form two churches in 1858, the First Presbyterian and the Central Presbyterian. The latter selected a site on Washington Street and a building was completed in February 1860. Reverand John L. Rogers, the first pastor of Central, served until 1863. Additional administrative information about the Central Presbyterian Church has not been determined.

Extent

14.05 linear ft. (12 document cases, 1 half document case, 6 record center boxes, and 1 oversize box)

Language

English

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift, 1976 with subsequent additions.
Title
Central Presbyterian Church records
Author
Melanie Stephan
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid is written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center Repository

Contact:
130 West Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30305
404-814-4040