North Avenue Presbyterian School Collection
Scope and Content
This collection contains scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, yearbooks, and enrollment lists.
- 1898-1965, undated
- North Avenue Presbyterian School (Atlanta, Ga.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
The North Avenue Presbyterian School (NAPS) began in 1909 with one teacher, Miss Emma Askew, and twenty children. As a part of its curriculum, religious emphasis accompanied instruction in the usual subjects. Following World War II the school developed a college preparatory school. In 1951, NAPS was chartered as a non-sectarian institution and a college preparatory division for boys was added. The name was changed to "The Westminster Schools." A new building for the combined institutions was erected on a large tract of land at Paces Ferry and Howell Mill Roads.
3.13 linear ft. (one document cases, one half document case, and two record center boxes)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift,1981 with subsequent additions.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Education -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- North Avenue Presbyterian School (Atlanta, Ga.) -- Records and correspondence
- North Avenue Presbyterian School (Atlanta, Ga.) -- Students -- Periodicals
- Religious institutions -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- School yearbooks -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- School yearbooks -- Georgia -- Cartersville
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Westminster Schools (Atlanta, Ga.)
- North Avenue Presbyterian School records
- Melanie Stephan
- July 2012
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.