The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc. Historic Landscape and Garden Grant Program records
Scope and Content
This collection contains grant applications, reports, and supporting evidence, which document organizations seeking funds to assist with restoration and preservation projects of historic landscapes and gardens. Project follow-up reports are included where available. Of special interest are applications for multiple restoration projects at Atlanta's Oakland Cemetery. Also part of the collection are program materials that provide details of the grant program committee including chairman's records, financial reports, correspondence, as well as guidelines and forms.
- Garden Club of Georgia. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc. Historic Landscape and Garden Grant Program furthers the mission of The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc. (GCG) to support preservation of Georgia's historic landscapes and gardens. Partnering with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources-Historic Preservation Division; the Southeast Regional Office of the National Park Service; the Cherokee Garden Library at the Atlanta History Center; and the Georgia Department of Economic Development, GCG provides this 50/50 matching grant program to assist with restoration and preservation projects of public landscapes and gardens. The club raises funds through its Historic Preservation Fundraiser program that began in 1996. Since 1998, these funds have been made available to nonprofit and civic organizations, as well as local governments with an annual maximum award of $3,000. Grants are awarded to a wide variety of historic sites including public landscapes and gardens, cemeteries, parks, arboretums, and museums.
5 linear ft. (twelve document cases)
System of Arrangement
This collection is arranged in two series: 1) Grant Applications and Awards, which are arranged chronologically and then alphabetically by county name within each year; and series II) Grant Program Administrative Papers, which are arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, 2005, with subsequent additions
This collection was processed in 2016.
- Garden Club of Georgia.
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Societies, etc.
- Gardens -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia
- Gardens -- Design
- Historic buildings -- Georgia
- Historic gardens -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia
- Historic gardens -- Georgia
- Historic preservation -- Georgia
- Historic sites -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia
- Landscape architecture -- Conservation and restoration
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia -- History
- The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc. Historic Landscape and Garden Grant Program records
- Jennie Oldfield
- February 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.