Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Content This collection contains letters written by David G. Godwin to his wife and to an unidentified individual called "Dr. G." He writes about the secession of Tennessee, the fall of Fort Henry, Tennessee, troop movements, skirmishes with the enemy, sickness among the soldiers, religious revivals in the camp, his thoughts on soldiers and deserters, camp life, and the removal of General Joseph E. Johnson from command.
Dates: 1861-1864, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains images collected by the DuBose family. Subjects include military personnel, battlefields, and the U. S. Civil War era. Photographic formats include ambrotypes, cartes de visite, cabinet cards, daguerreotypes, drawings, engravings, ivorytypes, photographs, tintypes, albumen prints, and photographic albums. There are also photographic images with drawn enhancements, one of a young soldier and another of an older man. These images document the United States Civil War. ...
Dates: 1840-1870, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains two transcribed letters. The first letter of the collection was written by Hosea Garrett, Jr. to his uncle, Reverend Hosea Garrett, on August 1, 1864. This letter provides a detailed account of the Atlanta Campaign, and the fighting that occurred on July 27, 1864. In his account, Garrett notes that not only were Confederate troops far outnumbered, but General Walker was also killed early in the battle, making the troops disorganized and ineffective. Due to their lack of...
- Atlanta Campaign, 1864 1
- Camp Douglas (Ill.) 1
- Children -- 1860-1870 1
- Clothing and dress -- History -- 19th century 1
- Confederate States of America -- Armed Forces -- Uniforms. 1
- Military uniforms 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Uniforms 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Battlefields 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Portraits 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons 1 ∧ less
- Beauregard, G. T. (Gustave Toutant), 1818-1893 1
- Davis, Jefferson, 1808-1889 1
- DuBose, Beverly M., 1918-1986 1
- DuBose, Beverly Means, 1886-1953 1
- Dubose, Beverly Means 1