Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Content This collection consists or unidentified subjects. Some sitters appear in more than one image, but there is no known family history associated with the collection.
Dates: 1840-1870, undated
Scope and Content This collection documents two generations of the Elijah H. Mixon family of Oxford, Georgia. The collection provides insight into the artisan class of 19th century Georgia.
Dates: approximately 1850-1870
Scope and Content This collection consists of portraits of members of the Ellet, Cabell, and Hopkins families. The portrait of Mary Virginia Ellet Cabell (VIS 29.8) was produced by Marcus Aurelius Root (1808-1888), a well-known daguerreian, who worked primarily in Philadelphia and New York. Some of the albumen cards were produced by Linnie Condon, a late nineteenth century female photographer working in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dates: approximately 1850-1880, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of three unrelated images.
Dates: 1850-1880, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of identified and unidentified portraits of Kirkpatrick and Dorsey family members.
Scope and Content This collection consists of two ambrotypes and one tintype believed to be family members of D. R. Malone and J. B. Malone.
Dates: approximately 1850-1870
Scope and Content This collection contains fifteen images documenting three generations of the Powell family. George T. Powell and Ned T. Powell are also represented. The carte-de-visite and cabinet cards were produced by C. W. Motes and Kuhns, both post-Civil War Atlanta photographers.
Dates: approximately 1845-1955
Scope and Content This collection consists of seven portraits of identified and unidentified individuals.
Scope and Content The collection consists of cased images of unidentified individuals. Of particular interest are a daguerrotype of a daguerrotype; an image of a Union officer posed in front of an American flag; and a full-length post-mortem image of a child.
Dates: approximately 1850-1890
- Daguerreotypes 8
- Clothing and dress -- History -- 19th century 7
- Confederate States of America -- Armed Forces -- Uniforms. 2
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Cabinetmakers -- Georgia -- Oxford 1
- Carpenters -- Georgia -- Oxford 1
- Children's clothing -- History -- 19th century 1
- Governors -- Georgia 1
- Judges -- Georgia 1
- Methodist Church -- Georgia 1
- Oxford (Ga.) -- History 1
- Photographers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Suspension bridges -- Design and construction 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Naval operations 1 ∧ less
- Abrams, Harvey Dan 1
- Bevan family 1
- C. W. Motes (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cabell, William Daniel 1
- Condon, Linnie, 1844-1909 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Alabama Infantry Regiment, 17th, Company E 1
- Dorsey family 1
- Dorsey, Hugh Manson 1
- Dorsey, Rufus Thomas, 1848-1909 1
- Ellet, Charles 1
- Emory College 1
- Gaines, Alex P. 1
- Hopkins family 1
- Jeffers, George A. 1
- Kirkpatrick family 1
- Kirkpatrick, John C., 1844-1905 1
- Kuhns Photographic Studio (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Malone, D. R. 1
- Malone, J. B. 1
- Mixon, Elijah, 1795-1873 1
- Powell, Chapmon, Dr. 1
- Powell, Elizabeth Hardman 1
- Powell, Ella M. (Ella May), 1863- 1
- Powell, Fielding Travis 1
- Powell, Frank A. 1
- Powell, George T., Sr. 1
- Powell, Martha Ann Jincie 1
- Powell, Ned T. 1
- Root, M. A. (Marcus Aurelius), 1808-1888 1
- Saunders, Augustus Jenkins 1
- Scovill Manufacturing Company 1
- Shockley, John R. (John Robbuts) 1
- Squier, Neva Turner, 1869-1950 1
- Turner family 1
- White, Wiley E., Captain (Wiley Edward) 1 ∧ less