Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 38
Collection number: ahc.MSS692f
Scope and Content This collection contains personal papers and memorabilia of the Slider family. The bulk of the collection pertains to activities at the Baptist Tabernacle Church and includes weekly church bulletins, flyers, and church programs. In addition, there are newspaper clippings about members of the Slider family. The collection also contains certificates of appreciation and completion for Annie B. Slider and her daughter, Annie Mae. There is one black and white photograph of Elma Virginia Slider...
Dates: 1927-2006, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS259
Scope and Content This collection contains images of homes built in the early 20th century in the Atkins Park neighborhood, Atlanta, Georgia. A variety of architectural styles are represented including Georgian Revival, American Craftsman, and English Tudor. The photographs also provide details of landscape styles as well as popular shrubs and ornamental plants used in front yard gardens. Of special note are two images of the neighborhood stone entrance gateways.
Collection number: ahc.VIS93
Scope and Contents This collection contains postcards that depict scenes in Atlanta and the state of Georgia. Most of the images are of man-made structures in Atlanta including Agnes Scott College, Atlanta Municipal Airport (now Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport), Biltmore Hotel, Booker T. Washington High School, Bulloch Hall, Candler Building, Capitol City Club, City Hall, Clark College (now Clark Atlanta University), Atlanta Cyclorama at Grant Park, English-American (Flatiron) Building, Fort McPherson,...
Dates: 1899-1990, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS492f
Scope and Content This collection contains contracts, memos, pamphlets and other material gathered in a file while builders were preparing to build a house on Briarcliff Road in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.VIS119
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains photographs of College Park, Georgia, including images the Atlanta and West Point Railroad Station, churches, businesses, private residences, municipal and civic buildings, and schools including the Georgia Military Academy.
Collection number: ahc.MSS650
Scope and Content This collection contains minutes, newsletters, yearbooks, histories, and president's notebooks that document the civic and social history of the club. President's notebooks include correspondence, minutes, newsletters, reports, financial records, and membership information. Also a part of the collection are scrapbooks which illustrate the club's many projects including two scrapbooks devoted to the "Christmas Trees Around the World" project and a scrapbook devoted to the restoration project of...
Dates: 1928-2019, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS968
Scope and Contents of the Records The Constance Knowles Draper Collection includes images of Mrs. Draper’s home and garden on Cherokee Road. The collection also contains Mrs. Draper’s lecture to the Peachtree Garden Club on Ferrell Gardens in LaGrange, Georgia. The bulk of the collection includes images of these gardens; Mrs. Draper used many of these in her Peachtree Garden Club lecture. In addition, the collection contains material documenting the landscape work that Edith Harrison and Constance Draper completed for Cason...
Collection number: ahc.VIS199
Scope and Content This collection contains original photographic prints, daguerreotypes, and negatives depicting members of Edith Cook's extended family. These materials include images of members of the Bell, Brockman, Cook, Collier, Dicks, Dolt, Hall, Harber, Ingram, Lowman, Owen, Potts, Thomas, Waldo, and Wilson families. There are also photographs of family residences in Georgia and Ohio and images related to Earl P. Cook, Jr.'s work with Southern Bell in Tennessee and Florida.
Dates: 1875-1989, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS389
Scope and Contents This collection contains photographs of Focal Point Inc.'s awards and recognitions, the staff and workshop, and the moldings they designed and manufactured. Examples of moldings and decorative medallions are shown after they were manufactured in the Focal Point workshop, or installed in residences and historic properties. Of special note are images of Focal Point co-founders, Florence Inman and Jerry Garrison, as well as custom-made designs for Atlanta's Fox Theatre, historic properties at...
Dates: 1970-1990, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS141
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains photographs of courthouses, churches, post offices, rivers, lakes, schools, industrial areas, farms, and private residences in cities and towns across North Georgia and the Atlanta area. Included are images taken in Alpharetta, Atlanta, Ben Hill, Bolton, Crabapple, Fairburn, Morgan Falls, Newton, Roswell and Warsaw, Georgia. Among the photographs are images of the old Milton County Courthouse of Alpharetta, the Chattahoochee Industrial Park in Atlanta, Mt. Gilead...
Dates: 1948- 1955
Collection number: ahc.VIS318
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of the interior and exterior of General John B. Gordon's residence, Sutherland, in the Kirkwood neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia, taken by commercial photographer Fred L. Howe (1857-1903) in approximately 1895. Also included are several photos of his funeral procession on Washington Street in Atlanta as his body was carried into the Georgia State Capitol building to lay in state.
Dates: approximately 1895-1904
Collection number: ahc.MSS937f
Scope and Content This collection contains notes and correspondence from Harry James Carr's daughter, Frances Anette Carr Kirby, brochures about the Houston Mill House, and deeds and insurance documents from Harry James Carr's Houston Mill property.
Collection number: ahc.MSS470f
Scope and Content This collection contains a manuscript on Atlanta architect Phillip Shutze with the title America's Greatest Living Classical Architect: Phillip Trammell Shutze of Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS556f
Scope and Content This collection contains nine Atlanta rental advertisements, with five listings for "black properties" and four listings for "white properties." Advertisements contain the address, the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, the size of property in square feet, the annual taxes, rental prices, and full sales prices.
Collection number: ahc.MSS384f
Scope and Content This collection contains a series of newspaper clippings, a letter to Irene Woodruff with a history of the Samuel Bowen Wight House located in the West End, and a copy of The Wesleyan Alumnae (Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia).
Collection number: ahc.VIS393
Scope and Contents This collection contains stereographs depicting an Augusta residence, including views of the front yard and garden; landscaped walkway to the street lined with seashells; and fence and gate. One stereograph provides details of the backyard, alleyway, outbuildings, coldframe, arbor, garden beds, and two men, one noted as "George" standing next to a caged bird. All stereographs are labeled "Usher's Stereo Views" and include on the reverse side "Mary A. Jones" crossed out with "Libbie Jones" along...
Dates: approximately 1875
Collection number: ahc.VIS265
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of images of the historic Midtown area in Atlanta, Georgia. The photographs were taken for draft nomination on the National Register of Historic Places for Midtown. Included are photos of churches, Henry Grady High School, stores and businesses, street scapes, apartments, and homes in the Midtown area. Types of homes photographed vary among bungalows, duplexes, row houses, carriage houses, alley dwellings, and cottages. Of special interest are photographs of the...
Collection number: ahc.MSS849f
Scope and Content This collection contains two copies (the original and a photocopy) of the 1929 contract for Knollwood between William H. Kiser and Hentz, Adler & Shutze. The contract contains general conditions for a uniform contract of the American Institute of Architects as well as general specifications for the house, electrical, and plumbing.
Dates: 1929, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS845f
Scope and Content This collection documents Knox Griffin's work, accolades, and personal life. It contains two business ledgers which detail financial transactions for the homes he designed in Atlanta, Georgia, between 1955 and 1967. Materials also include his marriage certificate, passport, Kentucky Colonel certificate, and poems.
Dates: 1966-1999, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS72
Scope and Contents This collection documents the prolific work of one of Atlanta’s pioneer women architects and businesswomen. It is comprised primarily of architectural plans, photographs, negatives, and slides of private residences, multi-family homes, and apartment buildings Wilburn designed during her career. Her portfolio of architectural plans in Series I includes designs of homes in Atlanta and its surrounding suburbs; in several cities and towns in Georgia, including Forsyth, McDonough, and Thomaston;...
- Subject: Architecture, domestic -- Georgia X
- Atlanta Historical Society 5
- Shutze, Philip Trammell 5
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Hentz, Adler, and Shutze (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 4
- American Institute of Architects 3
- Hentz, Hal, 1883-1972 3
- Adler, Rudolph Satorius 2
- Cherokee Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Downing, W. T. (Walter Thomas) 2
- Garden Club of America 2
- Georgia Power Company 2
- Gordon, John Brown 2
- Hentz and Reid (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Hentz, Reid, and Adler (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Howell, Clark, 1863-1936 2
- Norrman, Gottfried Leonard, -1909 2
- Peachtree Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Rich's (Retail store) 2
- Roswell Presbyterian Church 2
- Shutze and Armistead (Atlanta, Ga.). 2
- Southern Bell Telephone Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company 2
- Swan House (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Terminal Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Thornton House (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Tullie Smith House (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Alger, Barrett 1
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 1
- Anderson's Drug Store (College Park, Ga.) 1
- Ashford Park Nurseries (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atkins Park Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta and West Point Rail Road Station (College Park, Ga.) 1
- Baker, William T., 1956- 1
- Baptist Tabernacle Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Barfield, Julian J. 1
- Bell, Alice I. Wagnon 1
- Bell, James L. 1
- Birmingham Terminal Station (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- Blair, Ruth, 1889- 1
- Butts family 1
- Butts, Norman C. 1
- Callaway, Cason J. (Cason Jewell) 1
- Campbell County Courthouse (Fairburn, Ga.) 1
- Campbellton Methodist Church (Campbellton, Ga.) 1
- Candler, Asa Griggs, 1851-1929 1
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Carr, Harry James, 1878-1958 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Catesby, Mark, 1683-1749 1
- Catholic Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cherokee Garden Library (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Christ Church (Saint Simon's Island, Ga.) 1
- Cobb, William 1
- Coggins, Tommy 1
- College Park Auditorium (College Park, Ga.) 1
- College Park Baptist Church (College Park, Ga.) 1
- College Park High School (College Park, Ga.) 1
- College Park Methodist Church (College Park, Ga.) 1
- College Park Presbyterian Church (College Park, Ga.) 1
- Collier, George Washington 1
- Collier, Isabel 1
- Confederate Veterans Home (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cook, Earl Pope, 1919- 1
- Cook, Edith Harber, 1918- 1
- Cox College (College Park, Ga.) 1
- Crestwood High School 1
- Crook, Lewis Edmund, Jr. 1
- DeVaughn, Anthony G. 1
- Dekalb Federal Bank 1
- Dixon, Carl 1
- Dolt, Jeanne 1
- Draper, Constance Knowles 1
- Draper, Jesse 1
- Edith Harrison and Constance Draper, Office of Landscape Architecture 1
- Elam, Merrill 1
- Emory University 1
- Emory University. Crawford W. Long Memorial Hospital 1
- Episcopal Church of the Incarnation (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Erwin, Annie 1
- Erwin, Robert 1
- Evan P. Howell School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Flowers, Warner 1
- Focal Point, Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Foreman, Effie Park Howell 1
- Foreman, Langdon 1
- Foreman, Robert L. 1
- Fox Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fratelli Alinari 1
- Fulton County Health Care Center (College Park, Ga.) 1
- George F. Longino Grammar School (College Park, Ga.) 1
- Georgia Institute of Technology 1
- Georgia Military Academy 1
- Georgia School of Technology 1
- Georgia State College for Women 1
- Georgia. Department of Natural Resources (1972-) 1
- Glass, Sara Amanda 1
- Grady, Henry Woodfin, 1850-1889 1 ∧ less