Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Collection number: ahc.MSS472f
Scope and Content This collection consists of three letters written by Alfred Austell to his sister. Austell writes about sending a check in the mail; travel plans; the decrease in property values; how family members are doing; and responds to his sister's letters.
Collection number: ahc.MSS164
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, financial records, annual reports, trade publications, scrapbooks, programs and invitations, relating to the Coca-Cola Company and the Atlanta Coca Cola Bottling Company.
Dates: 1909-1979, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS526f
Scope and Content This collection contains a typewritten history of the initial beginning of the Atlanta Federal Savings and Loan Association, also known as the Atlanta Federal Savings.
Collection number: ahc.VIS383
Scope and Content This collection contains images of buildings and districts evaluated or nominated by the Urban Design Commission to receive Historic status. Notable sites include Atlanta City Hall, Carnegie Library, Citizens & Southern National Bank, the English-American Building, the Hurt Building, Martin Luther King Jr.'s birth home, Morris Brown College, Rockefeller Hall at Spelman College, Sacred Heart Church, and Underground Atlanta. Additional photographs include views of buildings along Alabama,...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1028
Scope and Content The papers consist of articles, advertisements, books, datebooks, legal documents, professional records, and personal correspondence of the Avary and Stephens families. There are articles from the Atlanta Journal Constitution and various magazines throughout the 1920's covering topics such as movie costumes, filet crochet, floor plans, and women's sports. Advertisements include a circular for Thomas Edison's phonograph acquired from the 1904 Louisiana Purchase...
Dates: 1884-1966, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS533f
Scope and Content This collection contains a booklet "C&S Identification Standards" identifying new logos adopted in 1972 for Citizens and Southern National Bank in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS130f
Scope and Content This collection contains three cancelled checks from the Capital City Bank and one check from the Lowry Banking Company of Atlanta. All checks were signed by Morris Hirsch.
Collection number: ahc.MSS108
Scope and Content This collection contains the personal and business papers of Charles J. Haden and his wife, Annie Bates, including correspondence, land grants, clippings, maps, speeches, and printed material. Topics include genealogy, the Georgia Chamber of Commerce, the state Democratic Party, the Cherokee Slate Company, and the Cyclorama. Of particular note is a speech by Haden on cotton production in the South and the effects of various New Deal policies on southern economy, the Atlanta Convention Bureau...
Dates: 1847-1966, undated; Majority of material found within 1906 - 1950
Collection number: ahc.VIS373
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of the Cunningham family, as well as photographs of Gussie Swafford Cunningham's father, John Augustus Swafford, and her cousin, Ray Swafford (1889-1917), pictured in front of the Maddox-Rucker Banking Company in Atlanta, Georgia. Also included are photographs of a Georgia Power Company line crew, which features Julian Cunningham's father-in-law, Major Holland Collins (1883-1966). There are also photographs of Ella Swafford's father, David Terrell Duncan,...
Dates: Approximately 1890-1923, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS38
Scope and Content These papers consist of business and personal papers, including correspondence and financial records of Elijah A. Brown, Sr. and some of Elijah A. Brown, Jr. In addition, ther are papers pertaining to several Brown Family members, including Governor Joseph E. Brown, Julius I. Brown, and Marcus J. Brown.
Dates: 1826-1965, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS443
Scope and Content This collection contains company records such as leases, financial reports, inventories, and tax returns. There are also stock certificates and transactions.
Dates: 1939-1942, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS939
Scope and Content The records in this collection reflect various aspects of daily business activities of the First National Bank of Atlanta and its two predecessors during the early to middle twentieth century. The records include property leases; administrative and operating records; transactions with the City of Atlanta, Fulton County, and federal banking agencies; federal regulations, and loan documents during the first half of the twentieth century. Records originated at the First National Bank of Atlanta,...
Collection number: ahc.MSS515f
Scope and Content This collection contains three manuscripts: "Arrogant Atlanta" retells a British newspaper account of a visit to Atlanta around 1880; "Atlanta's Heart" discusses the building of the Georgia Railroad Depot in 1864 and the activities of the Beethoven Society which was located in the building; and "David Howard" a profile of a former enslaved man and his entrepreneurial activities in post-bellum Atlanta.
Dates: approximately 1935
Collection number: ahc.MSS904
Scope and Content This collection documents the Haverty family, Haverty's Furniture Company, and associated professional organizations. The papers consist of business correspondence, family letters, financial records, newspaper clippings, scrapbooks, speeches, travel journals, and writings. Included in the collection are speeches from Haverty's and American Retail Federation meetings and conventions, as well as first person narratives from Rawson Haverty Sr. highlighting his travels to Europe and family...
Dates: 1810-2007, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS367
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs, negatives, and maps that document the Haverty family, Haverty's Furniture Company, and associated professional organizations. Included in the collection are images of J. J. Haverty, Clarence Haverty, and Rawson Haverty Sr.'s children, as well as the weddings of Clare Haverty to Frank Ridley Jr., Betty Haverty to Alex Smith, and Rawson Haverty to Margaret Munnerlyn. Photographs feature J. J. Haverty's home Villa Clare, along with Clarence and Elizabeth...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1151
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook with newspaper clippings, correspondence, programs, pamphlets, and advertisements related to the Fourth National Bank of Atlanta as well as first class train tickets. Of special note are marketing materials aimed at female customers, including advertisements for the bank's department for women and a newspaper article about its first female bank teller, Jennie Armstrong.
Dates: 1902-1940, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS214
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of downtown Atlanta, Georgia taken by Joseph Brown, a citizen of Atlanta. Included are images of buildings such as the Equitable Building, Hurt Building, Trust Company building, and William Oliver building. Other photographs include images of Forsyth Theatre, Oakland Cemetery, Central City Park and Peachtree Street.
Collection number: ahc.MSS12f
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, memos, and newspaper clippings on historical preservation projects in which Mills B. Lane, Jr. was involved as well as a banking code that Lane helped to create. One of the preservation projects that he worked on was the move and restoration of the Tullie Smith House to the Atlanta History Center from its original location in DeKalb. The Tullie Smith House is a typical "plantation plain" style house built in the 1840s by Robert Smith, a yeoman farmer...
Collection number: ahc.MSS174
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence between the Perry family and extended family members including the Carters and the Chisolms. Transcription is available for the letters dated between 1852 and 1869. The topics include the experiences of the Perry children in school in Monroe, Georgia, as well as plantation and farming life after the Civil War. Other topics include difficulties with freedmen after the Civil War, failing banks in Georgia, poor health, and development in Atlanta.
Dates: 1852-1901, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1177
Scope and Content This collection contains materials created by the Wachovia Bank and Trust Company in preparation for the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia. Materials include business reports for the years leading up to the Olympics as well as employee parking applications and plans for managing traffic during the games. Of particular note are the Wachovia manager and employee guides for conduct, dress, and procedures for the Olympics.
Dates: 1974-1998, undated
- Subject: Banks and banking -- Georgia. X
- Cathedral of Christ the King (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Citizens and Southern National Bank 2
- First National Bank of Atlanta 2
- Fourth National Bank of Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Haverty Furniture Companies 2
- Haverty family 2
- Haverty's Furniture Company 2
- Haverty, Clarence (James Clarence) 2
- Haverty, Elizabeth Rawson 2
- Haverty, J. J. (James Joseph) 2
- Haverty, Rawson (James Rawson), 1920-2007 2
- Middleton family 2
- Munnerlyn family 2
- National Retail Furniture Association (U.S.) 2
- Rawson family 2
- Rhodes-Haverty Furniture Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Saint Joseph's Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Saint Joseph's Infirmary (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- A. M. Robinson Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 1
- American Bankers Association 1
- Atlanta Baseball and Amusement Corporation 1
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Coca-Cola Bottling Company 1
- Atlanta Crackers (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Federal Savings (Firm) 1
- Atlanta Urban Design Commission (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta and Lowry National Bank (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Austell, Alfred, 1814-1881 1
- Avary family 1
- Avary, Janie Stephens, 1868-1937 1
- Avary, Mary Pierce, 1912-2004 1
- Avary, Robert Lee, 1863-1939 1
- Avary, Robert Lee, 1903-1989 1
- Avary, Stephens Archer 1
- Barrington Hall (Roswell, Ga.) 1
- Blue Ridge Hotel (Clayton, Ga.) 1
- Boys High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brine, Florence W. 1
- Brown, Elijah Alexander, Sr. 1
- Brown, Joseph 1
- Brown, Joseph E. (Joseph Emerson), 1821-1894 1
- Capital City Bank (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Carnegie Library of Atlanta 1
- Carter, Laura E. 1
- Carter, Mary A. 1
- Coca-Cola Company 1
- Cunningham family 1
- Cunningham, Albert Edwin, 1896-1949 1
- Cunningham, Albert Edwin, 1919-1989 1
- Cunningham, Gussie Swafford 1
- Cunningham, Julian 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- Duncan, David Terrell 1
- Empire State Oil Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- English, James Warren 1
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fourth National Bank Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fulton National Bank 1
- Garrett, Franklin M. (Franklin Miller), 1906-2000 1
- Georgia Chamber of Commerce 1
- Georgia Power Company 1
- Georgia. National Guard 1
- Haden, Annie Baker Llewelyn 1
- Haden, Charles Jones 1
- Hamilton Howell House (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hill, Benjamin H. (Benjamin Harvey) 1
- Hurt Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Jones, Harrison 1
- King, Barrington 1
- Lane, Mills B. (Mills Bee) 1
- Maddox-Rucker Banking Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 1
- Montgomery, Arthur 1
- Montgomery, Lafayette 1
- Morris Brown College (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Odd Fellows Building and Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Olympic Games. (26th : 1996 : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Perry family 1
- Perry, Amanda (Minnie) 1
- Perry, Clara P. 1
- Perry, Cordelia 1
- Perry, Grant D. 1
- Perry, Jesse M. 1
- Perry, Laura L. 1
- Rhodes, A. G. (Amos Giles) 1
- Rich's (Retail store) 1
- Sacred Heart Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company 1
- Spelman College 1
- Stephens family 1
- Stephens, Alexander William 1
- Stephens, Andrew Baskin 1
- Stephens, Robert Grier, Dr. 1
- Stone Mountain Confederate Monumental Association 1
- Swafford family 1
- Trust Company of Georgia 1
- Tullie Smith House (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Underground Atlanta, Inc. 1 ∧ less