Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of materials created by and about the 1900 Study Club. The bulk of the collection is club minutes and scrapbooks. Also included in the collections are yearbooks, correspondence, and programs.
Scope and Content This collection contains four booklets containing handwritten recipes. One booklet identifies the owner as Sarah H. Woods from "Medway." One bound manuscript, entitled "Recipe Book," consists of mostly handwritten recipes. The front cover and inside back cover indicate the owner of this recipe book was Elizabeth A. White of Winchester, Virginia, and Baltimore, Maryland. The published cookbooks are cataloged separately in the location "Shillinglaw".
Dates: approximately 1820s-1880, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains a handmade cookbook of family recipes, a pamphlet of recipes made by the Alabama-Georgia Syrup Company, and a page of newspaper clippings of poetry for children. The recipes are mostly for cakes and other pastries. Some of the recipes are a list of ingredients, while others also include baking instructions. Also included in the cookbook are newspaper clippings, mostly containing other recipes and beauty tips for women.
Dates: 1841-1866, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains recipe books and cookbooks. Of particular interest is Rebecca Cherry's book, which contains recipes that she borrowed from friends, acquaintances, and other sources. Additionally, Mary Wadley's recipe book contains a number of newspaper clippings pasted in its pages.
Dates: 1890-1914, undated
- Subject: Cookbooks -- Southern States -- 19th century X
- Cooking, American -- Southern style 2
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Business records -- Georgia 1
- Cake -- Southern States 1
- Cookbooks -- Southern States 1
- Cooking -- Georgia -- Rabun County 1
- Cooking, American 1
- Inman Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Pastry -- Southern States 1
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs 1 ∧ less
- 1900 Study Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Alabama-Georgia Syrup Company 1
- Cherry, Rebecca Wight 1
- Coca-Cola Company 1
- Hite, Elizabeth A. 1