Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of Williams family members letters, bills, and receipts beinginning in the 1820s to the turn of the century. There are three bound books: checkbook 1854, Williams company account book 1859, and scrapbook 1904-1905. There are also several Confederate bond receipts and checks, letters from the field, a parole, a bill of sale for a slave, and monthly subsistence papers. Other items include a fire insurance policy dated October 16, 1865; an invitation to Fanny...
Dates: 1820-1905, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains autobiographic and biographic materials on Sidney Root as well as transcriptions of letters and newspaper articles written by Root. Materials include the manuscripts for Root's unpublished autobiography, Memorandum of My Life and genealogy papers on the Root family. Of particular note is a manuscript of a biography of Root by Walter McElreath, one of the founders of the Atlanta Historical Society.
Dates: 1863-1897, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of two ledger books: one belonging to W. T. Clinton and one belonging to W. M. Moore of Moore, Marsh, and Company. Also included is a scrapbook belonging to W. T. Clinton which also contains a ledger at the back of the scrapbook.
Dates: 1876-1881, undated
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate 2
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Business records -- Georgia 1
- Business records -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Businessmen -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Education -- Georgia 1
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Grant Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1 ∧ less
- Atlanta Public Library. Ida Williams Branch 1
- Clinton, W. T. 1
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Moore, Marsh and Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Moore, W. M. 1