Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Content This collection contains documents pertaining to Andrew J. Young's candidacy in the 1972 Georgia Congressional election. These documents include ephemera promoting Young such as mailings, pamphlets, and bumper stickers; materials outlining his political positions; a pamphlet about the general voting process; a biography; a copy of the Andrew Young Campaigner; and a list of voters in favor of and leaning towards Young.
Dates: 1972, undated
Scope and Content This collection documents Roy Bell's 1952 campaign for the position of city Alderman for the 4th Ward. Included are ballots and pamphlets from the Negro Voters League and the League of Women Voters, campaign postcards for other candidates, a bumper sticker, and campaign speeches. The collection also includes newspaper clippings and a draft of the 1952 act to create a new charter for the City of Atlanta.
Dates: 1952-1953, undated
- African American civic leaders -- Georgia 1
- Civil rights -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Elections -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Mayors -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Atlanta Negro Voters League 1
- Bell, Roy (Willian Roy), 1908- 1
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 1
- United States. Congress. Senate 1
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 1