Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 50
Collection number: ahc.MSS846
Scope and Content This collection consists of 43 scrapbooks which contain newspaper clippings, photographs, magazine articles, letters, and notes written by Robb. Material covers banking and business; genealogy and the Robb family; movies, theatre, and the circus; politics; World War II, celebrities; Robb’s homes in Eldora and Atlanta; and autograph collecting. Robb collected material between 1920 and 1943, but items themselves date to as early as 1863.
Dates: 1920-1943, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS321f
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook kept by Ethel Taylor Snipes at Girls High School. Included are autographs of those attending the 50th class reunion in 1972. Also included are photos, clippings, programs, an official list of textbooks, Red Cross certificates, and report cards.
Collection number: ahc.MSS158
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, speeches and articles, student records, professional papers, and scrapbooks related to Eugene Mitchell.
Collection number: ahc.MSS301
Scope and Content This collection consists of a single scrapbook created by donor when she was a student at Girls' High School in 1922.
Collection number: ahc.MSS117
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook of information on the Carnegie Library in Atlanta, Ga.
Collection number: ahc.MSS456
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook documenting the year Frances Connally Spalding spent as a debutante in the Atlanta Debutante Club. Included in the scrapbook is newspaper clippings, correspondence, and memorabilia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1183
Scope and Content This collection contains scrapbooks from Julius Hayden and Evelyn Whitner, Julius' granddaughter. Julius' scrapbook contains newspaper clippings from the presidential election of 1860 as well as the first year of the American Civil War. Evelyn's scrapbook contains image clippings mostly of women, children, and animals. Also included in the collection are newspaper clippings from the 1930s and 1940s.
Dates: 1861-1946, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS403
Scope and Content This collection consists of organizational documents, programs, newspaper clippings, and membership information. There are also copies of reports presentated by Miss Tommie Dora Barker to members during club meetings.
Dates: 1884-1974, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS455
Scope and Content This collection is a scrapbook that contains materials pertaining to the Hopkins family. Included in the scrapbook are photographs, newspaper clippings, invitations, and genealogy materials.
Dates: 1899-1962, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS454
Scope and Content This collection contains a single scrapbook documenting the seventy-fifth birthday of Hughes Spalding. The scrapbook includes photographs, a menu, guest list, and biography.
Collection number: ahc.MSS302
Scope and Content This collection consists of a single scrapbook that contains newspaper and program clippings pertaining to theatrical events.
Dates: 1909-1970, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS793
Scope and Content This scrapbook contains newspaper clippings and programs of the Atlanta Philharmonic Society and some musical events in Atlanta.
Collection number: ahc.MSS902
Scope and Content This collection contains material collected by Harriet Fuller and her daughter, Judy Body. Items include sheet music relating to opera, waltzes, and sonatas. Also, newspaper and magazine reviews of operas and performing arts as well as pictures and portraits of opera and theatrical performers from the late 1800s to the 1930s. Two scrapbooks containing poems, postcards and newspaper clippings are also included. Several items relating to Atlanta are included, e.g., a newspaper from Girls High...
Dates: 1890-1985, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS862
Scope and Content This collection consists of six scrapbooks and one autograph book. The six scrapbooks were assembled by Kathryne Gilbert. Five of the scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings regarding Atlanta weddings and handwritten copies of the invitations. The earliest scrapbook consists of a daily account of the actions of unidentified people and what they were wearing. The autograph book belonged to Kate Johnson and was a Christmas gift from her brother, Willie G. Johnson, in 1887.
Dates: 1887, 1911-1917; Majority of material found within 1911 - 1917
Collection number: ahc.MSS545
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, land deeds, legal documents, military documents, programs, invitations, and scrapbooks pertaining to the Kontz family. Of particular interest is an 1859 slave receipt as well as Christian Kontz' 1848 formal statement of intent to become a citizen of the United States and his 1866 certificate of citizenship. Also of interest is correspondence between Kontz and the War Department regarding the use of the Kontz residence as headquarters of the Third...
Dates: 1847-1940, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS860
Scope and Content This collection consists of one scrapbook kept by Louise Locklin during 1945-1946. The scrapbook contains souvenir programs, clippings, and other related materials regarding musical performances in Atlanta, Georgia. Many of the items in the scrapbook appear to have been related to or presented through the sponsorship of the Atlanta Music Club.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1111
Scope and Content This collection contains one scrapbook of paper dolls with fabric clothing, showcasing fashion designs from 1926 and 1927.
Collection number: ahc.MSS843
Scope and Content This collection consists of one scrapbook kept by Mary E. Budden as a young woman in Atlanta. The scrapbook mainly contains newspaper clippings from Atlanta, Georgia, area newspapers regarding the Atlanta Crackers baseball team.
Collection number: ahc.MSS107
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook filled with clippings regarding Rhodes Haverty, plays, poems, and editorials. Also included are other miscellaneous family records.
Dates: 1903-1919, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS896
Scope and Content This collection contains one scrapbook of newspaper clippings kept by Mrs. Witherspoon Dodge of Atlanta, Georgia. All the clippings relate to various opera performances and symphony concerts held in Atlanta or to opera and musical stars, such as Lawrence Tibbett and Kirsten Flagstad. A few of the clippings are from New York newspapers, but the majority appear to be from Atlanta papers.
- Subject: Scrapbooks -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Commercial High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Atlanta Crackers (Baseball team) 2
- Atlanta Music Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Adler, Rudolph Satorius 1
- American Institute of Architects 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Education 1
- Atlanta Bar Association 1
- Atlanta Baseball and Amusement Corporation 1
- Atlanta Coca-Cola Bottling Company 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Atlanta Opera Guild 1
- Atlanta Philharmonic Society (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Theatre (Ga.) 1
- Body, Judy 1
- Bresee, Mary Anne Edmondson 1
- British War Relief Society (U.S.) 1
- Bryan, Frances Connally Spalding, 1908-1996 1
- Budden, Mary E. 1
- Burns Club of Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Burns, Robert 1
- Callaway, W. A. 1
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Carnegie Library of Atlanta 1
- Catesby, Mark, 1683-1749 1
- Coca-Cola Company 1
- Crew Street School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Baron DeKalb Chapter (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Fielding Lewis Chapter (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Joseph Habersham Chapter (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Sarah McIntosh Chapter (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Dodge, Witherspoon, Mrs. 1
- Emory University 1
- Flagstad, Kirsten 1
- Fratelli Alinari 1
- Fuller, Harriet 1
- Gilbert, Kathryne 1
- Halifax, Edward Frederick Lindley Wood, Earl of 1
- Haverty family 1
- Haverty, Mary 1
- Hayden family 1
- Hentz and Reid (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hentz, Adler, and Shutze (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hentz, Hal, 1883-1972 1
- Hentz, Reid, and Adler (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hiatt, Virginia R. 1
- Hinman, Florence 1
- Hinman, Thomas P. 1
- Hinton, Fanny D. 1
- History Class of 1884 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hoke Smith Junior High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hopkins family 1
- Hutcheson, J. Thomas 1
- Johnson, Kate 1
- Jones, Charles Edgeworth 1
- Jones, Harrison 1
- Kontz, Christian 1
- Kontz, Ernest Charles 1
- Ladies' Burns Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Locklin, Louise 1
- MacDougald, Jessie Adams 1
- Medical Association of Georgia 1
- Medical Association of Georgia. Auxiliary 1
- Menaboni, Athos, 1895-1990 1
- Merritt, Edwina G. 1
- Metropolitan Opera (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Mitchell, Eugene Muse 1
- Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949 1
- Montgomery, Arthur 1
- Montgomery, Lafayette 1
- Mu Phi Epsilon. Atlanta Alumnae Chapter 1
- Mueller, Senta 1
- Needlework Guild of America 1
- Needlework Guild of America. Atlanta Branch 1
- Netherton, Nina Morrison 1
- Norrman, Hentz, and Reid (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- North Avenue Presbyterian School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Old War Horse Lawyers Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Onslow, Dorothy 1
- Palmer, Ellen 1
- Pangborn, W. A. 1
- Parker family 1
- Perry, Elizabeth Kimbell 1
- Phelps, Charles W. 1
- Plane, C. Helen Jennison 1
- Powell family 1
- Powell, Ella M. (Ella May), 1863- 1
- Powell, Evelyn Knox 1
- Powell, Fielding Travis 1
- Ray, Hypatia Bowdoin 1
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 1
- Rhodes family 1
- Rich's (Retail store) 1
- Robb family 1
- Robb, Ellis D. 1
- Rubin, Rosalyn Gloria Minsk 1
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 1
- Shutze and Armistead (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Shutze, Philip Trammell 1 ∧ less