Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Collection number: ahc.MSS1014
Scope and Content This collection contains newspaper clippings, correspondence, awards and ceremony programs, and scrapbooks collected by the Allen family. The bulk of the collection pertains to Ivan Allen, Sr. and Ivan Allen, Jr.'s business, civic, and political affairs. Ivan Allen, Sr.'s state senate campaign and election, and Ivan Allen, Jr.'s mayoral campaign and election, and both father and son's work with various charities and civic minded associations are included. Of note are the numerous scrapbooks...
Dates: 1899-2004, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS259
Scope and Content Newspaper clippings of Belle Isle family in the news.
Collection number: ahc.VIS146
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists of photographs of Alvin Belle Isle and his family, including his wife Agnes, his parents John and Jane, his five children, and several grandchildren. In addition, the collection contains images of the Belle Isle Garage on Houston Street in Atlanta which housed most of Alvin’s businesses. The photographs include exterior and interior images of the building. Also included is a line drawing of a new garage Mr. Belle Isle was planning to build, but never did. The remainder...
Dates: circa 1900-1940
Collection number: ahc.MSS261
Scope and Content This collection contains the bridal book of Dessa Barnette McElroy; scrapbook from the Azalea Garden Club which includes minutes, newspaper clippings, prize ribbons, reports, birthday cards, poems, pamphlets on Ida Cason Gardens, and a booklet on the Little White House, in Warm Springs, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS526
Scope and Content This collection contains materials pertaining to the musical career of Graham Washington Jackson, including advertisements, pamphlets, newspaper clippings, correspondence, musician contact records, a recital program, and a certificate for the WSBeaver Award from WSB Radio. In addition, this collection includes some of Jackson’s personal papers, such as his driver’s license, some postcards, birth announcements, business and membership cards, and event programs.
Dates: 1923-1983, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS34
Scope and Content This collection contains 1,668 images. The images depict Graham Jackson, his family, and Jackson's performances at various events and locations. Also featured are photographs of Franklin Delano Roosevelt at the Little White House in Warm Springs and theLife magazine photograph by Ed Clark. Other images of politicians include President Dwight D. Eisenhower, Georgia Governor Lester Maddox, and President Jimmy Carter. The majority of the photographs are portraits...
Collection number: ahc.MSS327f
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence of Atlanta attorney Jack J. Spalding. Included are letters to W. D. Anderson of Bibb Manufacturing Company in Macon, Georgia over the philosophy of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and the New Deal. Other letters are between Spalding and Democratic National Committee Secretary Lawrence Wood Robert, Jr. Other correspondence relates to a land transaction in which he was involved.
Dates: 1914-1937, 1966
Collection number: ahc.MSS423f
Scope and Content This collection contains a letter to L. Robert Scott from New York Governor Franklin Delano Roosevelt about seeing him at the commencement at Oglethorpe University at which Roosevelt was to be the speaker. The collection also contains an unidentified print of a drawing of a park sidewalk scene.
Dates: 1932, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS788f
Scope and Content This collection consists of records from Ray's military, legal, and political career. Materials include telegrams articulating his posts and duties as a Confederate soldier, and later his activities with veteran affairs. Of particular interest is a telegram sent to President Franklin Roosevelt in gratitude for funding the erection of Confederate tombstones for prisoners of war. In addition, Ray collected southeastern railroad passes, railroad advertisements, and letters regarding the...
Dates: 1866-1939, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS299f
Scope and Content This collection contains memorabilia collected by Lillian Youngs Salter during a trip to Washington, D. C. in January 20, 1937 to witness the inauguration of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Included is an inaugural program; seat ticket for the inaugural parade; menus for inaugural dinners; two letters; three postcards; and three souvenirs.
Collection number: ahc.MSS512f
Scope and Content This collection contains one letter written by Emily M. Inman to Lizzie McDuffie expressing her sympathies to the first lady Eleanor Roosevelt in regards to the death of President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1161
Scope and Content This collection contains documents from Marie Dodd’s personal life as well as from her time working at the Ivan Allen Company. Business material includes a Fielder and Allen Co. catalogue, an Ivan Allen-Marshall Co. catalogue, the “Road to 100,000” incentive packet, company font and logo templates, and pricing manuals. There are also documents about Ivan Allen Jr., his accomplishments, and awards he received during his years as mayor of Atlanta and afterward. This collection also contains a...
Dates: 1900-1993, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS33
Scope and Content This collection documents the Atlanta urban environment, particularly during the 1950s and 1960s, through cityscapes, aerial views and scenes of individual buildings as the city underwent a period of building and growth. The arrival of the city's first professional sports team, the Atlanta Braves, is documented. Also included in the collection are scenes pertaining to Southern politics including local, state and presidential races. A wide variety of Georgia agriculture and industry is...
Collection number: ahc.MSS879f
Scope and Content This collection contains issues of the Military Order of the World Wars' national bulletins that detail the status of American military men serving overseas, as well as the Atlanta chapter's membership rosters and a memorial service program for fallen members. Of particular note is a speech given by Military Order of the World Wars member, William R. Brewster (1921-2012), on behalf of President Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882-1945) on Army Day in 1945.
Dates: 1945-1965, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS691f
Scope and Content This collection contains the personal and professional papers of Reginald Earle Looker. The bulk of the personal papers pertains to R. E. Looker "Look" and Antonina "Nina", and includes correspondence between family, friends, and colleagues in the publishing industry. The personal papers also contain items from R. E. Looker's memorial service in 1976 and newspaper clippings from British newspapers collected in 1967 during Looker and Antonina's six-month stay in England. ...
Collection number: ahc.MSS21
Scope and Content These papers consist of scrapbooks kept by Thomas J. Cooper on politics and current events, horse racing, family, etc.
- Names: Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 X
- Warm Springs (Ga.) 3
- African American musicians -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- African Americans -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Business enterprises -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Civic leaders -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Clothing and dress -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Office buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Stone Mountain (Ga.) 2
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Aerial photography -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- African American children -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- African American entertainers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- African American families -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- African American music teachers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- African American soldiers 1
- African American women -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Airports -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Alabama Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Aerial views 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Politics and government 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Authors and publishers -- Correspondence 1
- Automobile repair shops -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Automobiles -- 1930-1940 1
- Baseball -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Central business districts -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Cities and towns -- Georgia 1
- Cityscapes -- 1950-1960 1
- Cityscapes -- 1960-1970 1
- Cityscapes -- 1970-1980 1
- Civil rights -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Civil rights movements -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- History -- 20th century 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Comedy 1
- Community development -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Confederate States of America -- Equipment and supplies 1
- Dalton (Ga.) 1
- Economic development -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Elections -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Fairlie Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Farmers -- Georgia -- Warm Springs 1
- Flags -- 1930-1940 1
- Flowers -- Georgia 1
- Football teams -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Fund raising -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Gardening -- Societies, etc. 1
- Gasoline pumps -- 1930-1940 1
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Government facilities -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Governors -- Georgia 1
- Hotels -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Housing -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Legal instruments -- Confederate States of America 1
- Mayors -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Biography 1
- Mechanics (Persons) -- 1930-1940 1
- Military history 1
- Mountains -- Georgia 1
- Music -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Musicians -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- New Deal, 1933-1939 -- Georgia 1
- Novelists, American -- 20th century 1
- Parades & processions -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Peachtree Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Photography -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Photojournalism -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Police -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Political campaigns -- Georgia 1
- Politicians -- Georgia 1
- Rabun County (Ga.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Recreation areas -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Saint Simons Island (Ga.) 1
- Sports -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Spring Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Tallapoosa (Ga.) 1
- Taxicab drivers -- 1930-1940 1
- United States -- Politics and government 1
- Urban landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- White supremacy movements -- Georgia 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States 1 ∧ less