Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Collection number: ahc.MSS406
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of materials created by and about the 1900 Study Club. The bulk of the collection is club minutes and scrapbooks. Also included in the collections are yearbooks, correspondence, and programs.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1046
Scope and Content This collection consists of papers related to Arnall T. Connell's tenure as a professor in the College of Architecture at the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) in Atlanta, Georgia. Student papers written by Connell's graduate students form the largest portion of the collection. The papers cover a large array of Atlanta-related subjects, including neighborhoods and their histories, historic preservation of buildings and homes, renovation and repurposing ideas for historic...
Dates: 1894-1994, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS287
Scope and Content This collection contains images of members of the Bomar and Killian family and their close friends. It also contains images of Atlanta street scenes from the early 19th and mid 20th centuries.
Dates: 1846-1921, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS368f
Scope and Content This collection contains an autograph book titled "Chap Record" that includes names and addresses of approximately thirty friends and acquaintances of Bright Bickerstaff West, mostly Inman Park residents including Asa Candler and Joel Hurt.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1011
Scope and Content The Harry G. Lefever papers consist primarily of records Mr. Lefever kept on neighborhoods and community organizations in Atlanta, Georgia. The papers reflect his involvement in community organizing; race relations and urban renewal; Atlanta inner-city neighborhoods and associations; and the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority. These files contain correspondence; articles from books, magazines, and newspapers; reports; and student papers on the relationship between the community...
Dates: 1966-2009, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1170
Scope and Content This collection mostly contains documents relating the Hugh Brannon's education at Technological High School, and the neighborhood in which he lived, Inman Park. Included are examples of Brannon's classwork at William A. Bass Junior High School and at Technological High School, in courses such as mathematics, science, English, and social studies. Student assignments represented in the collection sometimes touched upon the subject of war in Europe. Brannon, a lifelong resident of Atlanta's Inman...
Dates: 1922-2007, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS650f
Scope and Content The records include intra-neighborhood communications, minutes, by-laws, and promotional and publicity materials.
Collection number: ahc.VIS72
Scope and Contents This collection documents the prolific work of one of Atlanta’s pioneer women architects and businesswomen. It is comprised primarily of architectural plans, photographs, negatives, and slides of private residences, multi-family homes, and apartment buildings Wilburn designed during her career. Her portfolio of architectural plans in Series I includes designs of homes in Atlanta and its surrounding suburbs; in several cities and towns in Georgia, including Forsyth, McDonough, and Thomaston;...
Collection number: ahc.MSS265
Scope and Content The bulk of this collection is education related materials. Some examples include memory books, compositions books, and progress reports.
Collection number: ahc.VIS293
Scope and Content This collection contains images of early 20th century terminal stations, railroad yards, and freight stations located in the Atlanta area. Negatives include views of the Inman transfer railroad yards; the Madison Avenue freight station; the Decatur Street freight station; and the North Avenue automobile terminal. Of interest are background views of the Southern Railway office building.
Collection number: ahc.MSS730
Scope and Content These papers consist of research for the dissertation correspondence.
Dates: 1890-1980, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS647f
Scope and Content The Sadie Martin Partridge papers include a narrative reminiscence of her youth and photocopies of newsclippings from 1972. In the narrative, Sadie describes the life of a well-to-do young girl in turn-of-the-century Atlanta. She emerges as a spunky, flirtatious young woman. She also describes the millinery trade in Atlanta, social activities of the time period, and her memories of the 1906 Atlanta race riot. The newsclippings feature Sadie much later in her life, when she babysat to earn...
Collection number: ahc.VIS222
Scope and Content This collection consists of photographs documented and collected by William R. Mitchell, Jr that appeared in his books, lectures, and architectural studies. The photographs were taken in various Georgia cities including Atlanta, Savannah, Thomasville, Roswell, and Albany. The images are of residential homes and apartments, furnished interiors, historic buildings, parks, streetscapes, churches, and Edward Vason Jones's 19th Century America exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Dates: 1889-1986, undated
- Subject: Inman Park (Atlanta, Ga.) X
- Inman Park Restoration, Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Oakland Cemetery (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- William A. Bass Junior High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- 1900 Study Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 1
- Atlanta Municipal Market (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Union Mission (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta University Center (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Urban Design Commission (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Baptist Tabernacle Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Bass Organization for Neighborhood Development (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Beard, Rick 1
- Bomar family 1
- Bomar, Benjamin F. 1
- Bomar, Thomas 1
- Brannon, Hugh, 1924-2007 1
- CAUTION, Inc. 1
- Carneal, Raymond B. 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Connell, Arnall T. (Arnall Turner) 1
- Crestwood High School 1
- Crook, Lewis Edmund, Jr. 1
- Dekalb Federal Bank 1
- Elam, Merrill 1
- Emory University 1
- Felt, Mary Shelton 1
- Fulton Bag and Cotton Mills 1
- Georgia Institute of Technology 1
- Georgia Power Company 1
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Gladin, Collier B. 1
- Grant Park School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hentz, Hal, 1883-1972 1
- Howard, Preston L. 1
- Impact Council, Inc 1
- Inman Park Study Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 1
- Jones, Edward Vason 1
- Kennedy, Paul J. 1
- Kiepper, Alan F. 1
- Killian family 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr. 1
- Lefever, Esther 1
- Lefever, Harry G. 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School 1
- Martin, Van Jones 1
- Means, James 1
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 1
- Mitchell, William R. , Jr. 1
- Model Cities Program (Gainesville, Ga.) 1
- Moreland Avenue School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Partridge, Sadie Estelle Martin 1
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 1
- Technological High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Thomas, Cathy (Catherine W.) 1
- West, Bright Bickerstaff 1
- Western and Atlantic Railroad Company 1
- Wilburn, Leila Ross, 1885-1967 1
- Woodruff Medical Center 1 ∧ less