Norris Group records
Scope and Content
The collection contains photocopies of photographs, correspondence, and other files relating to individual projects of the firm. It also contains copies of photographs of residential and commercial property designed by Henry Norris as an independent, by Architects Norris and Lynch, Inc., and by the Norris Group.
- Norris Group (Atlanta, Ga.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
The Norris Group was a business founded by Henry D. Norris (b.1913) and Kenneth P. Lynch, Jr. Norris graduated from the University of Miami, Florida, and began employment as a draftsman for an architecture firm in Miami, Florida, in 1937. He came to Atlanta, Georgia, in 1942 to work with Bell Aircraft Corporation in Marietta, Georgia. After World War II, he held various architecture jobs in the Atlanta area. In 1948 he went into partnership with R. J. J. Locatell in the Locatell-Norris and Company. The company focused on commercial, industrial architecture, and engineering. The company was dissolved in 1950, and Norris had his own practice dealing in commercial and residential architecture. In 1975, Kenneth P. Lynch, Jr. became a member of the firm which was renamed "Architects Norris and Lynch, Inc." Additional historical information about the Norris Group has not been determined.
3.75 linear ft. (seven document cases and one half-size document case)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, 1986 with a subsequent addition
- Norris Group records
- Laura Starratt
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.