Architects -- Georgia -- Atlanta
Found in 18 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains correspondence and information documenting the various projects for which Abreu and Robeson, Inc. were responsible.
This collection contains a contract between the All Saints Episcopal Church and Morgan & Dillon for the construction of a Sunday school building. The contract includes specifications for the brick work, electric work, iron and brass work, steam heating, as well as painting of the building. Also included is a letter that adds information originally omitted from the plumbing specifications.
This collection contains a manuscript on Atlanta architect Phillip Shutze with the title America's Greatest Living Classical Architect: Phillip Trammell Shutze of Atlanta, Georgia.
This collection documents Knox Griffin's work, accolades, and personal life. It contains two business ledgers which detail financial transactions for the homes he designed in Atlanta, Georgia, between 1955 and 1967. Materials also include his marriage certificate, passport, Kentucky Colonel certificate, and poems.
The collection contains photocopies of photographs, correspondence, and other files relating to individual projects of the firm. It also contains copies of photographs of residential and commercial property designed by Henry Norris as an independent, by Architects Norris and Lynch, Inc., and by the Norris Group.
This collection contains materials regarding the creation and management of the Peachtree-Cherokee Trust, the publication and promotion of Architecture of Neel Reid in Georgia by James H. Grady, and documents detailing the life and work of Reid. Papers include legal documents, correspondence, book reviews and publicity, financial records, research notes, articles, and clippings.
This collection contains documents detailing Percy H. Perkins' architectural involvement in the construction of Fulton County Fire Station No. 25. Materials include letters between Perkins and the Fulton County road service, results of concrete tests, and receipts.
The collection consists of architectural drawings of projects designed by Perkins and images of himself and family members. A variety of projects are presented in the collection such as the construction of the administration building of the Fulton County Airport (1950-1951); Salvation Army School for officer training (1966); and Lake Shore Shopping Center in Gainesville, Georgia (1963). Of special interest is a black and white print of Perkins at his drawing board in his office.
This collection is a series of scrapbooks that contain magazine clippings, photographs, and postcards. Several of the scrapbooks contain study examples for Shutze's work as an architect. Other scrapbooks contain photographs of projects designed by Shutze.
This collection contains corporate records from the architectural firm Stevens & Wilkinson. Materials include work orders, survey results, a terrain map, and articles written about the firm. Work orders include the Georgia Baptist Hospital, Rich's Store for Men, and the Georgia Center for Continuing Education.
This collection contains images from the office of William J. J. Chase, including photographs from the awards ceremony of the 31st Annual Golf Tournament held at the Capitol City Country Club and images of club members. Of special interest is a photograph of the Warlick Building on Peachtree Street which was located directly across the street from the Flatiron Building (also known as the English American Building).
This collection consists of photographs documented and collected by William R. Mitchell, Jr that appeared in his books, lectures, and architectural studies. The photographs were taken in various Georgia cities including Atlanta, Savannah, Thomasville, Roswell, and Albany. The images are of residential homes and apartments, furnished interiors, historic buildings, parks, streetscapes, churches, and Edward Vason Jones's 19th Century America exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.