Skip to main content

Auxiliary to the Medical Association of Georgia records

 Collection
Identifier: ahc.MSS905

Scope and Content

These records consist of scrapbooks and yearbooks.

Dates

  • 1925-1982

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use

Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.

Administrative/Biographical History

The Women's Auxiliary to the Medical Association of Georgia was founded in 1924 by Mrs. C.W. Roberts of Atlanta. In the 1950's the name was changed to the Auxiliary to the Medical Association of Georgia. In the 1981 yearbook "the objects...shall be to extend, through its members, the aims of the medical profession to all organizations which look to the advancement of health and health education; to assist in...medical meetings; to promote acquaintanceship among physicians' families that fellowship may increase..." Additional historical information about the Auxiliary to the Medical Association of Georgia has not been determined.

Extent

5.625 linear ft. (two half document cases and five oversize boxes)

Language

English

System of Arrangement

This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift, 1997
Title
Auxiliary to the Medical Association of Georgia records
Author
Laura Starratt
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid is written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center Repository

Contact:
130 West Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30305
404-814-4040