Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Content These papers consist of material about the Masons and Atlanta. Papers include newspaper clippings, correspondence, a booklet, Atlanta city directories, and Masonic literature and directory.
Scope and Content This collection contains documents from John Wesley and Betsy Mae Hardwick. Materials include club membership cards, a Masonic degree, and a Girl Scout handbook. The bulk of the membership cards are from two Masonic temples, the Yaarab Shrine and the Piedmont Lodge. Of particular note is Betsy Mae Hardwick's notebook that she used to record the Girl Scout badges that she earned.
Dates: 1912-1947, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains two Masonic certificates. Both are from the Yaarah Temple of the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine. One is his admission certificate, and the other is his life member certificate.
Scope and Content This collection includes high school annuals, printed materials, diplomas, and correspondence concerning the Cockrells' personal education and their careers in education. The majority of the materials focus on Ethel Cockrell. The two annuals, from Roosevelt High School and Girls' High School, were dedicated and inscribed by Ethel Cockrell's students. Emory University materials include transcripts, commencement programs, the 1933 commencement address, and newspaper clippings concerning students....
Dates: 1913-1976, undated
Scope and Content The collection contains records from the Atlanta Historical Society, the Rotary Club of Atlanta, and the Yaarab Temple of Atlanta. Items include biographies of Presidents Thomas Jefferson and Warren Harding, a short story titled "The Poppies of Wu Fong," and newspaper clippings, mostly about Ruth Blair (1889-1974) being named as Woman of the Year in 1956.
Dates: 1914-1967, undated
- Names: Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Yaarab Temple (Atlanta, Ga.) X
- Freemasonry -- Georgia -- Atlanta 3
- Men -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies and clubs 2
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Politics and government 1
- Fraternal organizations -- Georgia 1
- Public schools -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Teachers colleges -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Universities and colleges -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Women teachers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1 ∧ less
- Adair, Forrest, 1864-1936 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Atlanta Normal Training School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta's Woman of the Year Organization (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Bass High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Blair, Ruth, 1889- 1
- Cockrell, Ethel 1
- Cockrell, Ruth 1
- Druid Hills Civic Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Emory University 1
- Freemasons. Piedmont Lodge No. 447 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Gibson, Thomas Harris 1
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 1
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hardwick family 1
- Mims, Livingston 1
- Roosevelt High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Rotary Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Taylor, Lou Pace 1 ∧ less