Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of the records created by the Central Presbyterian Church. Included in the records are minutes, church histories, photographs, and programs.
Scope and Content The bulk of this collection consists of photocopies of letters sent to Benjamin R. Lacy during his career as a student and later Pastor of Central Presbyterian Church in Atlanta. Many of the letters are of a personal nature, covering topics of daily life such as student life, sports, and his popularity as a pastor. The correspondence comes from a variety of sources including unexplained relatives, military comrades, and former schoolmates.
Scope and Content This collection includes newsletters, brochures, and handbooks of the First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta, documenting its ministry and membership. The handbooks list outreach programs as well as its organizational structure. The collection also includes annual reports detailing the church's activities throughout the year and bulletins that detail celebrations for the church's 150th anniversary.
Dates: 1977-2001, undated
Scope and Content Ephemeral items related to the Sons of Confederate Veterans (of which Jones was the national commander), the New York Life Insurance Company, and Central Presbyterian Church of Atlanta (where he served as a ruling elder). Of special interest are scripts and historical addresses from Atlanta’s Centennial Celebration in 1948 and an inscribed copy of Ivan Allen’s The Spirit of Atlanta (1948).
- Names: Central Presbyterian Church (Atlanta, Ga.) X
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Religion 3
- Presbyterian Church -- Georgia -- Atlanta 3
- AIDS (Disease) -- Social aspects 1
- Account books -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Business records -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Community organization -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Family life -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Presbyterians -- Georgia 1
- Religious institutions -- Georgia 1
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- First Presbyterian Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Abu-Akel, Fahed, 1944- 1
- Boy Scouts of America . National Council 1
- Garrett, Franklin M. (Franklin Miller), 1906-2000 1
- Jones, John Ashley 1