Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Content This collection contains fliers, pamphlets, mailouts, and statements from the Civil Rights Movement in Georgia. Subjects addressed in the documents include racial relations in the south, school segregation, African-American voting, civil rights demonstrations, and memorials to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Some materials in this collection pre-date the recognized beginning of the Civil Rights Movement, in 1954.
Dates: 1934-1978, undated
Scope and Content These papers consist of correspondence, pamphlets, invitations, newspaper clippings, and other material pertaining to the interests of Harriet Johnson Brown.
- Names: Commission on Interracial Cooperation X
- African American civil rights workers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Civil rights movements -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- History -- 20th century 1
- Georgia -- Race relations 1
- Segregation in education -- Georgia 1
- American Civil Liberties Union 1
- Brown, Harriet Elizabeth Johnson, 1869-1951 1
- King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr. 1
- Southern Regional Council 1
- United States. Congress. House 1 ∧ less