Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 485
Collection number: ahc.MSS322
Scope and Content The collection contains the administrative records of the association as well as documents pertaining to the association's activities and programs. The records include board of director and committee minutes, correspondence, program agendas, newsletters and bulletins as well as reports pertaining to association activities and meetings. The bulk of the collection documents the association's attempt to educate the public on the pathology of tuberculosis and the widespread implications to the...
Dates: 1906-1977, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS404
Scope and Content This collection consists of records created by the Atlanta Music Club and its subsidiary organizations including correspondence, meeting minutes, rosters, by-laws, financial statements, and committee reports. Also included are marketing materials such as press releases, advertising contracts, correspondence regarding advertising and publicity arrangements, concert series programs, newsletters, and information about artists who performed for the club. The collection contains publications of...
Dates: 1915-2001, undated; Majority of material found within 1940 - 1970
Collection number: ahc.MSS453
Scope and Content This collection contains newspaper clippings from the "Atlanta Constitution" and "Atlanta Journal" newspapers. The bulk of the clippings have been arranged topically and arranged in a series of scrapbooks.
Dates: 1911-1960, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS391
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence among the society's members, membership lists, biographies of some members, financial records, newspaper clippings, early recollections of Atlanta, and a scrapbook.
Dates: 1909-1984, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS907
Scope and Content This collection contains evidence presented by the plaintiffs (including statistics of some of the county school districts brought to trial), photocopied court documents, photocopied newspaper clippings, and a summary of the lawsuit by legal assistant to the case.
Dates: 1971-1980, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS791
Scope and Content This collection consists of two scrapbooks of newspaper clippings documenting the debutante season, social events, and marriages between members of Atlanta society.
Collection number: ahc.MSS799
Scope and Content This volume lists the tax payers in Altanta, Georgia, in 1867 in roughly alphabetical order. Next to each name is listed: polls; street hands; value of carriages, buggies, horses; value of furniture, if over $300; value of money, solvent debts, bonds and stocks; value of real estate; amount of poll tax; amount of street tax; amount of tax on carriages and horses; amount of furniture tax; amount of tax on money, solvent debts, etc.; amount of tax on real estate; aggregate tax; and if paid.
Collection number: ahc.MSS280
Scope and Content This collection consists of a series of thirteen scrapbooks containing newspaper clippings and pamphlets. The clippings document many of the activities of the organization and within the printing industry.
Dates: 1913-1960, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS383
Scope and Content This collection contains images of buildings and districts evaluated or nominated by the Urban Design Commission to receive Historic status. Notable sites include Atlanta City Hall, Carnegie Library, Citizens & Southern National Bank, the English-American Building, the Hurt Building, Martin Luther King Jr.'s birth home, Morris Brown College, Rockefeller Hall at Spelman College, Sacred Heart Church, and Underground Atlanta. Additional photographs include views of buildings along Alabama,...
Collection number: ahc.VIS178
Scope and Contents of the Records The collection is comprised of ten interviews, transcript of each interview (edited and unedited), original video recordings for each interview, and a DVD access copy of each.
Collection number: ahc.MSS994
Scope and Contents of the Records The collection is comprised of eleven interviews, transcript of each interview (edited and unedited), original audio recordings for each interview, and a CD access copy of each. The interviews with Billy Jones and Ginny Boyd are part of the Maria Helena Dolan collection (1999.142)
Dates: 1997, 2004-2005
Collection number: ahc.MSS614
Scope and Content This collection consists of personal and professional papers of Austin T. Walden. The papers are primarily office files and case briefs from his law career. Additional material includes correspondence, financial papers, membership information, political campaign documents, speeches, and marketing and outreach material from various organizations. The collection contains materials from the many organizations to which Walden belonged or defended in court, such as the NAACP, the Atlanta Negro...
Dates: 1900-1969, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS905
Scope and Content These records consist of scrapbooks and yearbooks.
Collection number: ahc.MSS385f
Scope and Content This collection contains invitations sent by Georgia governor William Y. Atkinson and by Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Thompson during the Cotton States and International Exposition. The collection also contains newspaper clippings on the entertaining during the Exposition and on the death of B. W. Wrenn in New York City.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1023
Scope and Content The collection is primarily comprised of materials generated to promote the painting and solicit attendance. Also included is correspondence and invitations to special events hosted at the Atlanta Cyclorama site. There are other materials related to reports generated in advance of the restoration project and rededication of the painting and presentations in relation to interpretation at the site.
Dates: 1886-1980, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS152
Scope and Contents of the Records The collection includes images of residents and homes in the Bedford-Pine district of Atlanta, Georgia during the early 1970’s. The images depict children playing in the streets and on playgrounds as well as adults outside their homes. The photographs depict dilapidated and condemned housing in the area, a few neighborhood storefronts, refuse, and scenes of the Atlanta skyline in the background.
Dates: circa 1970-1971
Collection number: ahc.VIS146
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists of photographs of Alvin Belle Isle and his family, including his wife Agnes, his parents John and Jane, his five children, and several grandchildren. In addition, the collection contains images of the Belle Isle Garage on Houston Street in Atlanta which housed most of Alvin’s businesses. The photographs include exterior and interior images of the building. Also included is a line drawing of a new garage Mr. Belle Isle was planning to build, but never did. The remainder...
Dates: circa 1900-1940
Collection number: ahc.MSS341
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of essays, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and a manuscript of Crane's biography.
Collection number: ahc.VIS147
Scope and Contents of the Records These photographs depict the aftermath of a fire at Loew’s Grand Theatre in Atlanta. Included are photographs of the exterior of the building, interior light fixtures, the lobby area, theatre seating, and the theatre stage area, all damaged by the fire.
Dates: February 1978
Collection number: ahc.VIS111
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection is comprised of photographs of downtown Atlanta, Georgia, and include images of Terminal Station, Underground Atlanta, and Loew’s Grand Theatre. Photographs of Terminal Station were taken in 1971 shortly before it closed and include images of the front façade and architectural details. Photographs of Underground At businesses that were in the area. Photographs of Loew’s Grand Theatre were taken on the day it caught fire in 1978 and include images of the fire in progress and the...
- Subject: Atlanta (Ga.) X
- Atlanta Historical Society 17
- Hartsfield, William Berry 17
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 11
- Georgia Institute of Technology 10
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 10
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 10
- Rich's (Retail store) 10
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 9
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 8
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 8
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Fowler, Wyche, 1940- 8
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 8
- Atlanta (Ga.). Police Department 7
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 7
- Coca-Cola Company 7
- Maddox, Lester, 1915-2003 7
- Massell, Sam 7
- Swan House (Atlanta, Ga.) 7
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Emory University 6
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Fox Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Georgia Power Company 6
- Henry Grady Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Hurt Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949 6
- Southeastern Fair (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Underground Atlanta, Inc. 6
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 5
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 5
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Atlanta History Center 5
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- C. W. Motes (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Forward Atlanta Commission 5
- Georgia. General Assembly 5
- Inman, Emily Caroline MacDougald 5
- King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006 5
- Ku Klux Klan, 1915- 5
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 5
- Oakland Cemetery (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 5
- Slaton, John M. 5
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 5
- University of Georgia 5
- Agnes Scott College 4
- American Red Cross 4
- Atlanta (Ga.) 4
- Atlanta Art Association 4
- Atlanta Housing Authority 4
- Atlanta Urban League 4
- Biltmore Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Boy Scouts of America . National Council 4
- Busbee, George, 1927-2004 4
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 4
- DuBose, Beverly M., 1918-1986 4
- Flatiron Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Frank, Leo, 1884-1915 4
- Georgia Federation of Women's Clubs 4
- Inman, Edward H., 1881-1931 4
- Junior League of Atlanta 4
- Kuhns Photographic Studio (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Lakewood Fairgrounds (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 4
- Loew's Grand Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Peters family 4
- Peters, Edward C. 4
- Peters, Richard 4
- Reeves Studios (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 4
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference 4
- Tallulah Falls School (Tallulah Falls, Ga.) 4
- Technological High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Terminal Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Thornton House (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Union Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Western and Atlantic Railroad Company 4
- Zoo Atlanta 4
- Allen family 3
- Allen, Ivan, III, 1938-1992 3
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 3
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 3
- Arrington, Marvin S. 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Aldermen 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Executive Committee 3
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 3
- Atlanta Falcons (Football team) 3
- Atlanta Memorial Arts Center 3
- Atlanta Music Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Atlanta Urban Design Commission (Ga.) 3 ∧ less