Showing Collections: 141 - 160 of 485
Collection number: ahc.MSS1180
Scope and Content This collection contains research materials from the Early Edgewood-Candler Park BiRacial History Project. Materials document the history of African American residents in the Edgewood-Candler Park area, such as deeds, city directories, neighborhood histories, and maps. Of particular note are theses written by Georgia State University students and papers about the neighborhood written by the project's founder, Amy Meyer Burns, about the neighborhood.
Dates: 1880-2011, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS185
Scope and Content This collection contains record books, a financial ledger, and a one page history of the church as well as a Bible and a hymn book. There are four records books (1876-1988) that contain minutes of the church organization's regular meetings and annual lists of members. These record books also include information on founding members such as short biographies and assorted obituaries. The last record book also includes financial notes in addition to the minutes and rosters. The financial ledger...
Collection number: ahc.MSS763f
Scope and Content This collection contains a history of the club written by Pauline C. Franklin, club historian. The history provides details of the club's civic and social activities for the first 25 years of its existence. Highlighted in the summary are the club's projects and neighborhood beautification work. Of special interest is the description of the club's involvement with Atlanta's flower and tulip shows.
Collection number: ahc.MSS267
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of a scrapbook of newspaper clippings pertaining to Atlanta, Georgia and the Civil War. Includes information on Winnie Davis, daughter of Jefferson Davis.
Collection number: ahc.VIS312
Scope and Content This collection contains interior and exterior views of the Edgar Poe McBurney's residence at 1300 Peachtree Road, Atlanta, Georgia. One photograph shows a view of a formal dinner party held at McBurney's home in celebration of his birthday. Of special note are images of Villa Nelili, McBurney's Memorial Gardens.
Collection number: ahc.MSS782
Scope and Content These papers consist of Edith Cason's graduation book and diploma.
Collection number: ahc.VIS186
Scope and Content This collection contains images that document the metropolitan Atlanta region and photographs illustrating social events in the city. Bell and Stanton Public Relations used these photographs documenting the Atlanta area as promotional images. Most of the images were taken in the late 1960s and include the Atlanta Civic Center, Atlanta Memorial Arts Center, First Federal Savings and Loan building, Hartford Insurance building, Peachtree Center, and the Trust Company of Georgia. The collection...
Collection number: ahc.MSS665f
Scope and Content The Edward H. Inman Jr. Oral History Transcription, conducted by Atlanta History Center staff members Bill Bomar and Andy Ambrose in May 1997, includes Inman’s early memories of the house, its furnishings, and events that occurred while he lived there. Relatives Louise Richardson Allen and Suzanne Inman also participated in the interview, interjecting their memories at appropriate times.Topics covered include the construction of Swan House, his father’s cars and automobile racing,...
Collection number: ahc.MSS852f
Scope and Content This collection contains an essay written by Eleanor Hand entitled "A Re-Viewing of Peoplestown" and taped interviews with Peoplestown residents Henry Phipps, Olivia Parks, and Grace Barksdale. In the essay Hand presents a history of Peoplestown's geographical development in relation to the railroad tracks, housing trends, racial prejudice against its residents, the Civil Rights Movement, and her hope for the future of the neighborhood.
Dates: 1994, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1107
Scope and Content Eliza Jones accumulated this collection to document the genealogy of her extended families as well that of her husband, Waldo Jones. Materials include correspondence that documents her daily life and views, financial records, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and diaries. The collection also contains papers from her and Waldo Jones's extended family. Families represented include the Woolford, Grant, Slaton, Harris, Fitz-Randolph, Martin, Waldo, Winslow, Felder, and Jackson families.
Dates: 1789-1992, undated; Majority of material found within 1860 - 1970
Collection number: ahc.MSS1201
Scope and Contents This collection contains documents from Emily Bourne Grigsby's career as an opera singer and model, as well as her time as president of the Atlanta Music Club and her association with the Atlanta Opera Arts Association. Included are opera show programs from her performances with the San Francisco Opera chorus, the Atlanta Pops Orchestra, and Moonlight Opera Company in Atlanta, Georgia. There are also newspaper clippings of Grigsby's modeling career and her involvement in the 1954 "Feast of...
Dates: 1943-2004, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS391
Scope and Contents This collection contains images of Emily Bourne Grigsby's career as an opera singer and model, as well as her time as president of the Atlanta Music Club. Included are production stills from The Tales of Hoffman and Rigoletto with the San Francisco Opera, and images from the Moonlight Opera Company in Atlanta, Georgia. There are also photographs of Grigsby modeling at The Cloister at Sea Island, Georgia; on top of Stone Mountain; for an...
Dates: 1940-2004, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS291
Scope and Content This collection contains a partial scrapbook pertaining to the Latimer family. Included in the scrapbook are photographs, newspaper clippings, invitations, class rosters, and receipts.
Collection number: ahc.VIS233
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of the Eberhardt family, families associated with the Eberhardts, and businesses in Atlanta, Georgia, including R.P. and J.G. Eberhardt and Company and T.L. Eberhardt Coal Company. Many of these photographs were taken by Atlanta-based photographer Linnie Condon.
Dates: 1880-1928, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS363f
Scope and Content This collection contains a photocopy of a typed letter from Emma Muse Warren (Mrs. R. H. Warren) to her brother in 1942 in which she writes about family life in Atlanta from shortly after the Civil War through the 1940s.
Collection number: ahc.MSS269
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of one scrapbook.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1169
Scope and Content This collection includes legal records, meeting minutes, correspondence, news articles, organizational charts, draft charters, district maps, consultants' proposals, research reports, and a resolution of commendation given to Emmet Bondurant. Committee minutes and correspondence document the commission's work in creating the new charter throughout its various stages of development. The collection also documents feedback the commission received from city planners and from the public through...
Dates: 1925-1973, undated; Majority of material found within 1969 - 1973
Collection number: ahc.MSS516
Scope and Contents of the Records The bulk of this collection consists of meeting minutes, financial records, annual reports, membership lists, correspondence, publications, and scholarship fund information. Publications include English Speaking Union News and The Branch Officer’s Bulletin. Also included are the dissertations of Ph.D. students awarded grants from the Atlanta Branch’s scholarship funds to help them pursue their research in England.
Dates: 1940-2000, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS444
Scope and Content This collection contains church journals.
Collection number: ahc.VIS338
Scope and Content This collection contains images taken of the Tullie Smith House in its original location at 2890 North Druid Hills Road in Atlanta, DeKalb County, Georgia.
Dates: approximately 1940
- Subject: Atlanta (Ga.) X
- Atlanta Historical Society 17
- Hartsfield, William Berry 17
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 11
- Georgia Institute of Technology 10
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 10
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 10
- Rich's (Retail store) 10
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 9
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 8
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 8
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Fowler, Wyche, 1940- 8
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 8
- Atlanta (Ga.). Police Department 7
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 7
- Coca-Cola Company 7
- Maddox, Lester, 1915-2003 7
- Massell, Sam 7
- Swan House (Atlanta, Ga.) 7
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Emory University 6
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Fox Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Georgia Power Company 6
- Henry Grady Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Hurt Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949 6
- Southeastern Fair (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Underground Atlanta, Inc. 6
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 5
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 5
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Atlanta History Center 5
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- C. W. Motes (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Forward Atlanta Commission 5
- Georgia. General Assembly 5
- Inman, Emily Caroline MacDougald 5
- King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006 5
- Ku Klux Klan, 1915- 5
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 5
- Oakland Cemetery (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 5
- Slaton, John M. 5
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 5
- University of Georgia 5
- Agnes Scott College 4
- American Red Cross 4
- Atlanta (Ga.) 4
- Atlanta Art Association 4
- Atlanta Housing Authority 4
- Atlanta Urban League 4
- Biltmore Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Boy Scouts of America . National Council 4
- Busbee, George, 1927-2004 4
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 4
- DuBose, Beverly M., 1918-1986 4
- Flatiron Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Frank, Leo, 1884-1915 4
- Georgia Federation of Women's Clubs 4
- Inman, Edward H., 1881-1931 4
- Junior League of Atlanta 4
- Kuhns Photographic Studio (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Lakewood Fairgrounds (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 4
- Loew's Grand Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Peters family 4
- Peters, Edward C. 4
- Peters, Richard 4
- Reeves Studios (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 4
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference 4
- Tallulah Falls School (Tallulah Falls, Ga.) 4
- Technological High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Terminal Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Thornton House (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Union Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Western and Atlantic Railroad Company 4
- Zoo Atlanta 4
- Allen family 3
- Allen, Ivan, III, 1938-1992 3
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 3
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 3
- Arrington, Marvin S. 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Aldermen 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Executive Committee 3
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 3
- Atlanta Falcons (Football team) 3
- Atlanta Memorial Arts Center 3
- Atlanta Music Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Atlanta Urban Design Commission (Ga.) 3 ∧ less