Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Content The Arthur C. Inman Papers consist exclusively of biographical research regarding Samuel M. Inman. Arthur Inman set out to write the biography of his Grandfather, Atlanta banker and cotton broker, Samuel Inman. The research notes consist of newspaper clippings, transcriptions of newspaper reports, transcriptions of interviews, and letters. Because Arthur Inman generally refused to leave his Boston apartment, the interviews were, most often, conducted by his wife, Evelyn. However, there are no...
Scope and Content This collection is comprised primarily of materials created in preparation of and during the Cotton States and International Exposition of 1895. The bulk of the collection is programs and publications that detail daily events and highlight exposition participants. Of particular interest is a series of souvenirs collected by individuals that attended the exposition as well as postcards and a pass issued for an employee of the Atlanta Journal with his...
Dates: 1895-1896, undated
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of travel information pertaining to various cities throughout Georgia. Travel materials include books, pamphlets, postcards, tour maps, correspondence, and press releases. There are also organizational materials such as periodicals, publications, and special event programs.
Dates: 1957-1978, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of one ledger. The ledger contains day by day lists of checks issued for work done, money deposited, and merchandise sold to other hardware stores and to individuals.
Scope and Content The bulk of this collection concerns the many business activities of James Edward Jordan. Although much of this collection is of a general business nature, there are some records specific to his beauty and barber supplies, photographic sales, movie production, and real estate businesses. Of particular importance, within the Business— Photographic/Cinemagraphic file is correspondence showing Mr. Jordan’s interest in producing commercials and movies. Some business cards in the collection suggest...
Scope and Content This collection consists of two ledger books used by Kiser, Moore, Draper and Company from 1893-1896 and 1904-1933.
Scope and Content This collection spans three generations of the Lawshe Family, the bulk of the materials concentrate on John Zimmerman Lawshe. Much of the attention is given to the personal activities of John Lawshe as a graduate of Boy’s High School and the New York Homeopathic College, and his activities as a Mason in Atlanta. Documents include the commencement program for Boys’ High, 23 June 1875; and copies of obituaries and death announcements documenting John Lawshe’s activities. John’s wife, Willie James...
- Subject: Atlanta (Ga.) -- Commerce X
- Advertising -- Georgia 2
- Business records -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Advertising cards -- Georgia 1
- African American businesspeople -- Georgia 1
- Agriculture 1
- Amusement parks -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Description and travel 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Barbers' supplies industry -- Georgia 1
- Beauty shop supplies industry -- Georgia 1
- Business records -- Georgia 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Cotton trade -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Dry-goods -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Freemasonry -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Georgia -- Commerce 1
- Georgia -- Description and travel 1
- Loans, Personal -- Georgia 1
- Motion pictures in advertising -- Georgia 1
- Parks -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Photographic industry -- Georgia 1
- Piedmont Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Postcards -- Georgia 1
- Real estate business -- Georgia 1
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia 1
- United States -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 1 ∧ less
- American Red Cross 1
- Boys High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cut-rate Sundries and Cosmetics Co. 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Georgia Chamber of Commerce 1
- Hy-beaute Chemical Company 1
- Inman, Arthur Crew 1
- Inman, Evelyn Yates 1
- Inman, Samuel Martin, 1843-1915 1
- Jordan Shop of Quality 1
- Jordan, James Edward 1
- Kiser, M. C. 1
- Kiser, Moore, Draper and Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Lawshe family 1
- Lawshe, Er 1
- Lawshe, John Zimmerman 1
- Lawshe, Willie James Elder 1
- New York Medical College 1 ∧ less