Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 47
Collection number: ahc.MSS287
Scope and Content This collection contains a series of three scrapbooks primarily containing newspaper clippings. Some of the articles include topics such as the Lewis Redwine case, General E. Kirby Smith, Judge Lumpkin, and the Atlanta Chamber of Commerce.
Dates: 1889-1893, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS58
Scope and Content These papers pramarily relate to Helen Bullard's work with the Atlanta Housing Authority (AHA). Records include memoranda, minutes, membership information, agendas, reports, training material, surveys, resolutions, program materials, financial and budget records, and correspondence. Other materials pertain to political campaigns that Bullard handled between 1970 and 1976, including election reports that she collected between 1967 and 1977, and papers from her work with Judge Alexander William,...
Dates: 1968-1977, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS492
Scope and Content This collection contains newsletters and materials pertaining to the growth and development of the City of Atlanta, Georgia. There are also pamphlets, copies of legislation, and newspaper clippings.
Dates: 1951-1981, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS106
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection is comprised of images taken by Atlanta Journal- Constitution journalist Joe McTyre, and images of other Atlanta photojournalists. The photographs in the collection include images of prominent individuals in government, business, entertainment, sports, and others who were the subject of news events. Also included are photographs of the physical environment of Atlanta, and in rural Georgia towns. The remaining photographs relate to news coverage of events such as airplane...
Dates: 1889-1985, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS358f
Scope and Content This collection contains a New Testament given to Lieut. John A. White while at Camp Gordon by his mother, Mrs. B. J. White, a resolution from the Atlanta City Council honoring White on his death, and a letter from Alexander Allison to Milton Allison on farming conditions in Troup County, Georgia.
Dates: 1850, 1966
Collection number: ahc.MSS71
Scope and Content This collection includes personal correspondence, biographical sketches, news clippings, business records, personal financial records, and property records of John Eagan.
Dates: 1846-1977, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS250
Scope and Content This collection contains the business records from Woodside Storage Company and also admission records from the Home for the Friendless. These are a variety of papers and documents that reflect the character of each member of the Woodside Family. The several cash books from Woodside Storage contain the business records of John J. Woodside, Sr. in the last few years of his life. The admissions books from the Home for the Friendless are records kept by Margaret Woodside during the years she...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1037
Scope and Content This collection consists of executive committee records, including bylaws and articles of incorporation, regarding the incorporation of the Kirkwood Neighbors Organization (KNO); executive committee correspondence on neighborhood concerns, such as zoning, public safety, transportation issues, and education; KNO meeting agendas and minutes; subcommittee activities and special projects, such as streetscape improvements for Kirkwood commercial district, oral history projects, green space...
Dates: 1993-2009, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS91
Scope and Content This collection primarily consists of correspondence. There are letters of sympathy and support sent to Leo Frank and Lucille Selig Frank throughout his incarceration and after his death. Letters to the Franks are often written by many of the same people and share similar content. Also included is correspondence from members of the Frank and Selig families, from Frank's attorneys, from newspaper publishers and reporters, and to Governor Slaton on behalf of Leo Frank. In addition, the...
Dates: 1912-1916, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS799f
Scope and Content This collection contains three government-issued proclamations. The first was issued by Maynard Jackson, former Mayor of Atlanta, proclaiming that June 21-27, 1993 was "Lesbian and Gay Pride/Human Rights Week" in the City of Atlanta. The second was issued by Mary Davis, member of the Atlanta City Council, also proclaiming that June 21-27, 1993 was "Lesbian and Gay Pride Week" in Atlanta. She further proclaimed that June 28, 1993 was "Stonewall Anniversary Day" in the City of Atlanta. The third...
Collection number: ahc.MSS228
Scope and Content The Papers of Robert and Margaret MacDougall consist of correspondence, newspaper clippings and scrapbook pages, and brochures and other printed materials. Many of these papers concern MacDougall’s work as an engineer, work as an administrator of the Works Progress Administration and his activities working with the city of Atlanta, particularly in the development of the expressways through the city and the bond issues to finance the projects. A second portion of these papers concern the...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1161
Scope and Content This collection contains documents from Marie Dodd’s personal life as well as from her time working at the Ivan Allen Company. Business material includes a Fielder and Allen Co. catalogue, an Ivan Allen-Marshall Co. catalogue, the “Road to 100,000” incentive packet, company font and logo templates, and pricing manuals. There are also documents about Ivan Allen Jr., his accomplishments, and awards he received during his years as mayor of Atlanta and afterward. This collection also contains a...
Dates: 1900-1993, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1077
Scope and Content This collection contains business documents generated and collected by the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce. The bulk of the material is meeting minutes created by the Chamber and its various councils. There are also publications of the Chamber, administrative and institutional records, and various documents describing the establishment of the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA), airports in Atlanta, and the Atlanta Region Metropolitan Planning Commission. Material includes...
Dates: 1883-2012, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS932f
Scope and Content Downing created this scrapbook as a memorial to Eleonore Raoul Greene. It contains copies of her suffrage exercises, thank you letters, newspaper articles, and letters documenting her work with the Atlanta League of Women Voters.
Dates: 1964-1977, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS993
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists of the records of Research Atlanta, Inc. The records document the administrative history and research activities of the organization from its inception in 1971 to 1992. The records include correspondence, publications, clippings, research notes, and reports regarding the activities and projects in which Research Atlanta was involved. The bulk of the collection consists of the research files in Series II, which document the various topics analyzed by the organization....
Dates: 1930-1997 Bulk: 1970-1992
Collection number: ahc.MSS16
Scope and Content This collection consists of business papers, Methodist church papers, political papers, family records, and materials relating to Confederate veterans.
Collection number: ahc.MSS504
Scope and Content This collection consists of materials removed from a group of scrapbooks and includes pamphlets, programs, invitations, political ephemera, periodicals, posters, advertisements, and some correspondence.
Dates: 1907-1973; Majority of material found within 1929 - 1949
Collection number: ahc.MSS695
Scope and Content This collection contains a wide variety of material on the life and career of Sam Massell, Jr. It offers an excellent look at the careers of Sam Massell both as a political figure and as a businessman. There is also information relating to the many civic, political, and business organizations in which Sam Massell was involved. There are thirteen different series with topics such as Civil Rights, speeches, political information, trips, news releases, etc.
Dates: 1889-1983, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS322
Scope and Content This collection documents the public life of former Atlanta Mayor Sam Massell. The majority of the images in the collection depict his time as mayor; others document his career as a realtor and member of the City of Atlanta Board of Aldermen. The images also document Massell's ceremonial duties as mayor, including presiding over groundbreakings; presenting keys to the city to special visitors; and ceremonies involving MARTA and Delta Airlines. The collection features images of Massell hosting...
Dates: 1954-1991, undated; Majority of material found within 1969 - 1974
Collection number: ahc.VIS358
Scope and Content The collection contains images of individuals associated with the 1915 Southeastern Fair. Include are photographs of Ivan E. Allen Sr., who served as vice president; Brooks Morgan, the executive councilman; and Mayor James G. Woodward, who served as executive councilman.
Dates: approximately 1915, undated
- Subject: Atlanta (Ga.) -- Politics and government X
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 8
- Hartsfield, William Berry 7
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 7
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 6
- Massell, Sam 5
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 4
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 4
- Atlanta (Ga.). Police Department 4
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 4
- Forward Atlanta Commission 4
- Fowler, Wyche, 1940- 4
- Georgia Institute of Technology 4
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 4
- Southeastern Fair (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Allen family 3
- Allen, Ivan, III, 1938-1992 3
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Executive Committee 3
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 3
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 3
- Georgia. General Assembly 3
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport 3
- King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006 3
- Maddox, Lester, 1915-2003 3
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 3
- Allen, Irene Beaumont, 1890-1972 2
- American Civil Liberties Union 2
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 2
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Aldermen 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 2
- Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau 2
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 2
- Atlanta Gay Center 2
- Atlanta Housing Authority 2
- Atlanta Public Schools 2
- Atlanta Regional Commission 2
- Atlanta Urban League 2
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Boy Scouts of America . National Council 2
- Central Atlanta Improvement Association 2
- Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. 2
- Fielder and Allen (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Frank, Leo, 1884-1915 2
- Franklin, Shirley, 1945- 2
- Fulton County (Ga.). Board of Commissioners 2
- Georgia World Congress Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Ivan Allen-Marshall Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- King, Martin Luther, Jr. 2
- Ku Klux Klan, 1915- 2
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 2
- Miller, Zell 2
- Model Cities Program (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 2
- National League of Cities 2
- Resurgens Atlanta 2
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 2
- Southern Regional Council 2
- Sweat, Dan E. 2
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 2
- United States Conference of Mayors 2
- Zoo Atlanta 2
- ACT UP (Organization) 1
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program (U.S.) 1
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation 1
- Aaron, Hank, 1934- 1
- Academy for Contemporary Problems 1
- Achtenberg, Roberta 1
- Adair, Forrest, 1864-1936 1
- Aldredge, Jim 1
- Alexander, Henry A. (Henry Aaron), 1874-1967 1
- Ali, Muhammad, 1942-2016 1
- Allen, Beaumont, 1951-2014 1
- Allen, Daniel, 1791-1857 1
- Allen, Inman (Hugh Inman) 1
- Alliance Theater (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Yaarab Temple (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Applied Research Center 1
- Arrington, Marvin S. 1
- Associated Charities (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Atlanta Charter Commission 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Education 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Health 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Buildings 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks and Recreation 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks, Recreation & Cultural Affairs 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Personnel Department 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Traffic Engineering Department 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Treasurer 1
- Atlanta 2000, Inc. 1
- Atlanta Action Forum 1
- Atlanta Art Association 1
- Atlanta Black Crackers (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Botanical Garden 1
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Civil Liberties Committee 1
- Atlanta Community Chest 1 ∧ less