Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This collection is comprised of the records created by the Central Presbyterian Church. Included in the records are minutes, church histories, photographs, and programs.
This collection contains programs, flyers, and clippings collected by Dave Hayward from LGBTQ events in the Atlanta area including Atlanta Pride, museum exhibits, film screenings, musical and theatrical performances, and religious meetings.
The bulk of this collection consists of photocopies of letters sent to Benjamin R. Lacy during his career as a student and later Pastor of Central Presbyterian Church in Atlanta. Many of the letters are of a personal nature, covering topics of daily life such as student life, sports, and his popularity as a pastor. The correspondence comes from a variety of sources including unexplained relatives, military comrades, and former schoolmates.
This collection contains church journals.
This collection includes newsletters, brochures, and handbooks of the First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta, documenting its ministry and membership. The handbooks list outreach programs as well as its organizational structure. The collection also includes annual reports detailing the church's activities throughout the year and bulletins that detail celebrations for the church's 150th anniversary.
This collection contains orders of worship, administrative materials, and religious periodicals. The administrative materials include church publications, meeting notices, and meeting minutes.
This collection contains minutes and pamphlets from the Presbyterian Synod of Georgia and the Presbytery of Atlanta.
The collection contains Samuel R. Belk's diary, which contains a page of recordings for every day of 1926. One page includes a newspaper clipping which mentions Samuel Belk by name. Entries focus mostly on everyday family life and religious matters from his work as a pastor at Trinity Church in Atlanta, Georgia. There are also notes on the memoranda pages at the end of the diary consisting of names, addresses, and times of day.
This collection contains ten scrapbooks created by members of the United Church Women of Atlanta organization. The scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings, pictures, programs, reports, correspondence, and organizational records. The correspondence includes letters from Charles L. Weltner, James A. Mackay, Richard B. Russell, Herman E. Talmadge, Robert G. Stephens, Mayor Ivan Allen, and Sargent Shriver.
- Subject: Atlanta (Ga.) -- Religion X
- Church records and registers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 3
- Religious institutions -- Georgia 3
- Presbyterian Church -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Presbyterians -- Georgia 2
- Religious institutions -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia 2
- AIDS (Disease) -- Social aspects 1
- Account books -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- American diaries 1
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Athletics -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Race relations 1
- Church work with women -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Church work with youth -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Community organization -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Family life -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Fund raising -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Gay men -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Homosexuality -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Homosexuality -- Religious aspects 1
- Mass media and culture 1
- Methodist church buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Music -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Religion -- Periodicals 1
- Societies -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Theater -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Women -- Religious life -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1 ∧ less
- Central Presbyterian Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- First Presbyterian Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Abu-Akel, Fahed, 1944- 1
- Alliance Theater (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Belk, Joanna Catherine Council 1
- Belk, Samuel Robinson 1
- Boy Scouts of America . National Council 1
- Butler Street YMCA (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Atlanta 1
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Georgia 1
- Garrett, Franklin M. (Franklin Miller), 1906-2000 1
- Hayward, Dave, 1949- 1
- Lacy, Benjamin Rice 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church, South 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church, South. North Georgia Conference 1
- Peachtree Christian Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S. Presbytery of Atlanta 1
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S. Synod of Georgia 1
- Sugarman, Alvin M. 1
- Union Theological Seminary in Virginia 1
- United Church Women of Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Wirth, George, 1948- 1
- YMCA of Metro Atlanta 1
- YMCA of Metro Atlanta. Board of Trustees 1 ∧ less