Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection number: ahc.MSS1007
Scope and Content This collection contains descriptive landscape surveys and accompanying research material such as correspondence, articles, maps, and garden sketches which document the history and current condition of historic landscapes included in the project. Many garden surveys are associated with a significant individual or house and provide social and cultural history as well as landscape history. Material varies according to the availability of information about each site.
Dates: 2002-current, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS12f
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, memos, and newspaper clippings on historical preservation projects in which Mills B. Lane, Jr. was involved as well as a banking code that Lane helped to create. One of the preservation projects that he worked on was the move and restoration of the Tullie Smith House to the Atlanta History Center from its original location in DeKalb. The Tullie Smith House is a typical "plantation plain" style house built in the 1840s by Robert Smith, a yeoman farmer...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1026
Scope and Content This collection contains materials that document the history of the annual pilgrimages (and later other types of fundraisers such as lectures and tours) of the GCG since 1996. Brochures, flyers, maps, clippings, and correspondence are included in the collection. These items also provide histories of historic garden sites that are on the pilgrimages in Georgia and detail garden club activities relating to the pilgrimages, lectures, or tours. Financial and fundraising documentation are also a...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1076
Scope and Content This collection contains grant applications, reports, and supporting evidence, which document organizations seeking funds to assist with restoration and preservation projects of historic landscapes and gardens. Project follow-up reports are included where available. Of special interest are applications for multiple restoration projects at Atlanta's Oakland Cemetery. Also part of the collection are program materials that provide details of the grant program committee including chairman's...
- Subject: Historic gardens -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia X
- Garden Club of Georgia. 3
- Georgia. Historic Preservation Division 2
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 1
- Barrington Hall (Roswell, Ga.) 1
- Cherokee Garden Library (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cooney, Loraine M. (Loraine Meeks) 1
- Cothran, James R. 1
- Garrett, Franklin M. (Franklin Miller), 1906-2000 1
- Historic American Landscapes Survey 1
- Historic Landscape Initiative (Project) 1
- King, Barrington 1
- Lane, Mills B. (Mills Bee) 1
- Tullie Smith House (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- United States. National Park Service. Southeast Regional Office 1 ∧ less