Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection contains a transcription of a lecture titled "The South's Readmission to the Union," given at the Atlanta Historical Society, in which Arnall recounted his anti-trust action concerning railroad freight rates in the south and west, and analyzed the results of this action on the economy of Georgia.
This collection contains images of early 20th century terminal stations, railroad yards, and freight stations located in the Atlanta area. Negatives include views of the Inman transfer railroad yards; the Madison Avenue freight station; the Decatur Street freight station; and the North Avenue automobile terminal. Of interest are background views of the Southern Railway office building.
This collection contains a typewritten brief and resolution of the joint committee of the General Assembly charged with the task of suspending or restoring Samuel McLendon to office.
- Subject: Railroads -- Freight -- Rates -- Georgia X
- Georgia -- Economic conditions 1
- Inman Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Locomotives -- Georgia 1
- North Avenue (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Peters Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Railroads -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Spring Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Terminals (Transportation) -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1 ∧ less
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 1
- Carneal, Raymond B. 1
- McElreath, Walter 1
- McLendon, Samuel Guyton 1
- Railroad Commission of Georgia 1