Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Collection number: ahc.MSS358
Scope and Content This collection primarily consists of materials collected by Durice Dickerson Hanson during her education and career as a nurse, specifically information regarding the profession and public health; Grady Memorial Hospital and its nursing schools; and various nursing associations. Materials include booklets, pamphlets, event programs, rosters, newsletters, and annual reports. The collection also includes James Butler Hanson's military papers, booklets and a map related to his Zone Oil Company,...
Dates: 1907-1973, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS796
Scope and Content This collection consists of personal papers of Esther Garrett Wynne, including correspondence with her brother, Franklin Garrett. Other documents are invitations, newspaper clippings, correspondence with others, memorabilia, and garden club yearbooks. There are also eight scrapbooks, which highlight Mrs. Wynne's activities throughout her life, including her first marriage, her time in the Red Cross, travels, and her social activities.
Dates: 1926-1972, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS767f
Scope and Content This collection contains a program for the 1946 Atlanta premiere of the movie Song of the South by Walt Disney productions; one ticket to a 1943 American Red Cross benefit golf match in Brookhaven, Georgia, featuring Bing Crosby and Bob Hope; and newspaper clippings of both events from Walker's scrapbook.
Collection number: ahc.MSS235
Scope and Content This collection spans three generations of the Lawshe Family, the bulk of the materials concentrate on John Zimmerman Lawshe. Much of the attention is given to the personal activities of John Lawshe as a graduate of Boy’s High School and the New York Homeopathic College, and his activities as a Mason in Atlanta. Documents include the commencement program for Boys’ High, 23 June 1875; and copies of obituaries and death announcements documenting John Lawshe’s activities. John’s wife, Willie James...
Collection number: ahc.MSS264
Scope and Content The collection is a scrapbook that primarily contains newspaper clippings pertaining to the Arkwright family. Some of the events of interest include parties at "Pinebloom" (home of the Arkwrights), presentation of portrait of P.S. Arkwright's father, and an ice storm that left Atlanta, Georgia without lights. It also includes a folder with a certificate to Preston Stanley Arkwright from the Greensboro Lions Club for services rendered to the State of Georgia, June 22, 1939.
Collection number: ahc.MSS119
Scope and Content The bulk of the materials in the Rosalie Howell papers document Howell's career as a Red Cross nurse during World War I and her subsequent world travel. Items include a scrapbook; correspondence with former patients; official Red Cross documents; clippings concerning her receipt of the Croix de Guerre from the French government; and travel books, postcards, and ephemera (primarily from the United Kingdom). The collection has material about, or created by, other members of the Howell family;...
Dates: 1880-1970, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS940
Scope and Content This collection includes documents from the education, personal life, and career of Virginia Marion Broome Waterer. Materials include report cards; school certificates and programs; newspaper clippings; membership cards; church bulletins; newsletters; a plan for the Virginia-Highland Civic Association; a history of the residence at 900 Arlington Place; and programs from the New Era Study Club. Of particular note are papers regarding her work in the Women's Service Pilots (WASP) during World...
Dates: 1912-1999, undated
- Names: American Red Cross X
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Social life and customs 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Red Cross 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women 2
- Air pilots, Military -- Training of -- United States 1
- American diaries 1
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Commerce 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Description and travel 1
- Business records -- Georgia 1
- Businesswomen -- Georgia -- Savannah 1
- Children -- Hospitals -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Citizens' associations -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Clubs -- Georgia -- Savannah 1
- Community health services -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Education -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Europe -- Description and travel 1
- Freemasonry -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- International travel 1
- Motion picture actors and actresses 1
- Nurseries (Horticulture) -- Georgia 1
- Nurses -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Nursing -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Oil fields -- Texas -- Maps 1
- Professional education -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Public health nursing 1
- Sea Island (Ga.) 1
- Snow -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Song of the South (Motion picture) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Weddings -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Women air pilots -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less