Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 47
Collection number: ahc.MSS1014
Scope and Content This collection contains newspaper clippings, correspondence, awards and ceremony programs, and scrapbooks collected by the Allen family. The bulk of the collection pertains to Ivan Allen, Sr. and Ivan Allen, Jr.'s business, civic, and political affairs. Ivan Allen, Sr.'s state senate campaign and election, and Ivan Allen, Jr.'s mayoral campaign and election, and both father and son's work with various charities and civic minded associations are included. Of note are the numerous scrapbooks...
Dates: 1899-2004, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS104
Scope and Contents of the Records The collection consists of images of family members and friends of the Allen, Inman, Richardson, and Grant families of Atlanta, Georgia. Most of the photographs of family members consist of images of Ivan Allen, Sr. and Ivan Allen, Jr. Included are photographs of Ivan Allen, Sr. at business meetings, civic and social events, and with friends and family. Photographs of Ivan Allen, Jr. include those from his childhood throughout his career as a businessman and mayor of Atlanta. Also included are...
Dates: 1840-1990, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS773
Scope and Content This collection consists of papers and publications related to the lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender (LGBT) community in Atlanta, Georgia. Series I includes gay and lesbian publications from Atlanta,the Southeast, and nationwide. Series II consists of business and organization papers pertaining to gay rights and AIDS. Series III includes personal papers of gay and lesbian activists in Atlanta and Georgia.
Dates: 1957-2002, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS614
Scope and Content This collection consists of personal and professional papers of Austin T. Walden. The papers are primarily office files and case briefs from his law career. Additional material includes correspondence, financial papers, membership information, political campaign documents, speeches, and marketing and outreach material from various organizations. The collection contains materials from the many organizations to which Walden belonged or defended in court, such as the NAACP, the Atlanta Negro...
Dates: 1900-1969, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS466
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook compiled by Bessie Duke Small and miscellaneous ephemeral materials. The scrapbook includes newspaper clippings primarily regarding the Democratic Party and various political events.
Dates: 1908-1961, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS50
Scope and Content The Calhoun family papers consist of correspondence, newspaper clippings, military papers, and family history. The primary contributors to the collection are James Montgomery Calhoun and his son, William Lowndes Calhoun. Notable items in the collection include an undated Calhoun family history, a personal account of Sherman’s siege of Atlanta by Robert Henderson, a family Bible, a handwritten copy of the affidavit of James M. Calhoun regarding the surrender of Atlanta, and a floor plan of the...
Dates: 1834-1960, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS788
Scope and Content This collection consists of five scrapbooks containing newspaper clippings, photographs, and letters concerning City of Atlanta personnel and the events affecting the city's Personnel Department, including the World War II years. They also contain newspaper clippings, photographs, and letters on the 81st Infantry Division, Army Reserves. General Sutherland's military career during World War II is not chronicled in these scrapbooks.
Collection number: ahc.VIS139
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains images of Atlanta’s physical landscape, including buildings, streets, residences, office parks, retail stores, shopping malls, interstates, and railroads in neighborhoods within the city. Many of the photographs were probably used in presentations to business leaders and task forces that worked on projects related to economic development, transportation, housing, and urban design. The images illustrate the growth of the city, and changes that have occurred in the...
Dates: 1960- 1981, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS591
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists primarily of the records of Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. The collection includes a small amount of material (1929-1952) from predecessor organizations: Central Atlanta Improvement Association, Greater Atlanta for Annexation, Inc, and the Central Marietta Street Association. The collection also includes early correspondence regarding the Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis Railroad and the construction of viaducts and bridges in downtown Atlanta in the 1920s and...
Dates: 1924-1994, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS360
Scope and Content This collection documents the political life of Charles Longstreet Weltner and the built landscape of Atlanta, Georgia, in the 1950s and 1960s. Film footage highlights a variety of Weltner's campaign activities including him walking on the sidewalk through a blighted Atlanta neighborhood; Weltner looking over the city of Atlanta from the top of the Merchandise Mart; and scenes most likely used for campaign ads. Included are street scenes of downtown Atlanta, with views of public and private...
Dates: approximately 1958-1966, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS736f
Scope and Content This collection contains a copy of the Gender Identity Amendment (legislation 00-O-0074), signed by Mayor Bill Campbell in 2000, as well as a certificate of authentication for the pen used to sign the amendment.
Collection number: ahc.CityofAtlanta
Scope and Content This collection consists of administrative records from the City of Atlanta, which have been divided into sixteen series. Records include materials pertaining to select mayors of Atlanta and correspondence and memos from the Executive Office. The collection also includes City Council and Board of Alderman legislation, minutes, and proceedings. Records also include material regarding transportation, public safety, finance, planning and community development, courts, public works, and maps. ...
Dates: 1848-2009, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS6f
Scope and Content This collection consists of a report from the Treasurer for the city of Atlanta for the quarter ending September 30, 1864. The report lists several categories of spending including public buildings, relief programs, stationary, incidentals, and interest.
Collection number: ahc.MSS804
Scope and Content This collection contains newspaper clippings from political activities from 1965 to 1981, political memorabilia, and family information.
Dates: 1960-1981, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1169
Scope and Content This collection includes legal records, meeting minutes, correspondence, news articles, organizational charts, draft charters, district maps, consultants' proposals, research reports, and a resolution of commendation given to Emmet Bondurant. Committee minutes and correspondence document the commission's work in creating the new charter throughout its various stages of development. The collection also documents feedback the commission received from city planners and from the public through...
Dates: 1925-1973, undated; Majority of material found within 1969 - 1973
Collection number: ahc.MSS22
Scope and Content These papers consist of material about the Masons and Atlanta. Papers include newspaper clippings, correspondence, a booklet, Atlanta city directories, and Masonic literature and directory.
Collection number: ahc.MSS154f
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, legal papers, genealogical papers, and newspaper clippings related to Judge George Hillyer.
Dates: 1875-1931, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1152
Scope and Content This collection documents Gilmore "Gil" Robison's career fighting for LGBT rights as a political activist and elected official. Materials show his efforts to legalize gay marriage, to create the Atlanta Gay Center, to battle a law that targeting gay men by banning prostitution, and to stop police harassment of the LGBT community. Materials include official records of the Georgia Democratic Party, which contain voter registration documents and lists of representatives, as well as flyers,...
Dates: 1959-1997, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS68
Scope and Content Lists of personnel of the civil court of Fulton County, a series of publications titled Railroad Stories, by H. A. Couch; inaugural invitations for President Herbert Hoover and Franklin D. Roosevelt, and a letter from Mayor William Hartsfield on the annexation of Buckhead and Druid Hills.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1002
Scope and Content The collection contains eighty-six volumes of diaries written by Grady Lee Randolph that include memoirs, observations and analysis of daily life as a Alabama farm boy and later as a school teacher and permanent resident of Atlanta, Georgia. The collection spans from 1931 to 2001, but skips the year 1943. Randolph recorded over 20,000 daily diary entries that include observations of life during the Great Depression, and events such as the Gone With the Wind premier; World War II; the Winecoff...
- Subject: Atlanta (Ga.) -- Politics and government X
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 8
- Hartsfield, William Berry 7
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 7
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 6
- Massell, Sam 5
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 4
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 4
- Atlanta (Ga.). Police Department 4
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 4
- Forward Atlanta Commission 4
- Fowler, Wyche, 1940- 4
- Georgia Institute of Technology 4
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 4
- Southeastern Fair (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Allen family 3
- Allen, Ivan, III, 1938-1992 3
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Executive Committee 3
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 3
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 3
- Georgia. General Assembly 3
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport 3
- King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006 3
- Maddox, Lester, 1915-2003 3
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 3
- Allen, Irene Beaumont, 1890-1972 2
- American Civil Liberties Union 2
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 2
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Aldermen 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 2
- Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau 2
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 2
- Atlanta Gay Center 2
- Atlanta Housing Authority 2
- Atlanta Public Schools 2
- Atlanta Regional Commission 2
- Atlanta Urban League 2
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Boy Scouts of America . National Council 2
- Central Atlanta Improvement Association 2
- Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. 2
- Fielder and Allen (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Frank, Leo, 1884-1915 2
- Franklin, Shirley, 1945- 2
- Fulton County (Ga.). Board of Commissioners 2
- Georgia World Congress Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Ivan Allen-Marshall Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- King, Martin Luther, Jr. 2
- Ku Klux Klan, 1915- 2
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 2
- Miller, Zell 2
- Model Cities Program (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 2
- National League of Cities 2
- Resurgens Atlanta 2
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 2
- Southern Regional Council 2
- Sweat, Dan E. 2
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 2
- United States Conference of Mayors 2
- Zoo Atlanta 2
- ACT UP (Organization) 1
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program (U.S.) 1
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation 1
- Aaron, Hank, 1934- 1
- Academy for Contemporary Problems 1
- Achtenberg, Roberta 1
- Adair, Forrest, 1864-1936 1
- Aldredge, Jim 1
- Alexander, Henry A. (Henry Aaron), 1874-1967 1
- Ali, Muhammad, 1942-2016 1
- Allen, Beaumont, 1951-2014 1
- Allen, Daniel, 1791-1857 1
- Allen, Inman (Hugh Inman) 1
- Alliance Theater (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Yaarab Temple (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Applied Research Center 1
- Arrington, Marvin S. 1
- Associated Charities (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Atlanta Charter Commission 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Education 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Health 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Buildings 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks and Recreation 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks, Recreation & Cultural Affairs 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Personnel Department 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Traffic Engineering Department 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Treasurer 1
- Atlanta 2000, Inc. 1
- Atlanta Action Forum 1
- Atlanta Art Association 1
- Atlanta Black Crackers (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Botanical Garden 1
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Civil Liberties Committee 1
- Atlanta Community Chest 1 ∧ less