Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 62
Collection number: ahc.MSS406
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of materials created by and about the 1900 Study Club. The bulk of the collection is club minutes and scrapbooks. Also included in the collections are yearbooks, correspondence, and programs.
Collection number: ahc.MSS394f
Scope and Content This collection consists of various legal documents, a letter from "G. L. Hale" to her son, and a petition to re-locate the court in Walton County, Georgia. The legal documents include bills of sale for land, debts, and property deeds for the Abercrombie, Aycock, Hale, and Hawk families.
Collection number: ahc.MSS742f
Scope and Content This collection contains receipts, business licenses, and contracts from Alfred S. Jenkins' grocery and butcher store. Also included are a druggists' certificate and a letter of appreciation from the Fulton County Medical Board for his son, Matthew K. Jenkins, a doctor and pharmacist.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1105
Scope and Content This collection contains notes, correspondence, and business documentation related to Allen Jones' work in the Atlanta Executive Network, Helping Hands, Log Cabin Republicans, and Young Republicans groups. Materials also include select personal records such as a family newsletter and images of awards Jones received.
Collection number: ahc.MSS386
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of organizational and financial records for the American Legion Fulton County Post 134. Included in the collection are meeting minutes, correspondence, and financial records. There are also meeting programs, membership rosters, and dues cards.
Collection number: ahc.MSS950
Scope and Content The David William Appler papers are composed mainly of the bills and receipts of David William Appler. There are also bills and receipts of Mrs. Ida Appler Vreeland, a daughter of Mr. Appler's. Finally, there are newspaper clippings, advertisements, two checkbooks, handwritten notes, and a minimal amount of correspondence.
Collection number: ahc.MSS11f
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists of a bound ledger containing the minutes of the meetings of the Atlanta City Brewing Company’s Board of Directors and Shareholders, and also periodic company financial statements during its first years of operation, 1876 – 1905. The minutes are written in long hand by the company secretary. The minutes of the board meetings concern election of officers, dividend declarations and operating proposals and decisions. The shareholder meetings concern review of the...
Collection number: ahc.MSS356
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of business records pertaining to the Atlanta Transit Authority and subsidiary transportation companies. Included in the collection is correspondence and legal records pertaining to the daily operations of the company as well as copies of testimony from court cases involving the Atlanta Transit Authority. The bulk of the collection is a group of appraisal ledgers based on 1968 valuations of company property and equipment.
Collection number: ahc.MSS489
Scope and Content This collection contains the administrative and tournament files for the association. The administrative records include meeting minutes, financial reports, and legal documents. There are also brochures, pamphlets, newspaper clippings, and calendars.
Collection number: ahc.MSS415
Scope and Content This collection consists of organizational records that document activities leading up to the annual dinner and awards ceremony. Also included are agendas, correspondence, programs, and newspaper clippings. There are scrapbooks that contain photographs and newspaper clippings regarding the awards ceremony.
Collection number: ahc.MSS571
Scope and Content This collection consists of correspondence, financial papers, ledgers, receipts, legal papers, advertisements, insurance papers, newspaper clippings, patent documents, and other papers pertaining to Augustus Robert Jones and the Jones family. The bulk of the collection is comprised of Jones's personal correspondence and financial records about the family cotton business. Also included are pocket diaries containing records of business and household purchases, printed papers such as price lists...
Collection number: ahc.MSS614
Scope and Content This collection consists of personal and professional papers of Austin T. Walden. The papers are primarily office files and case briefs from his law career. Additional material includes correspondence, financial papers, membership information, political campaign documents, speeches, and marketing and outreach material from various organizations. The collection contains materials from the many organizations to which Walden belonged or defended in court, such as the NAACP, the Atlanta Negro...
Collection number: ahc.MSS60
Scope and Content These papers consist of correspondence between various members of the Benning family, personal documents, genealogy of the Benning family, and business papers from Hong Kong, New York and Atlanta.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1024
Scope and Content This collection contains articles, certificates, correspondence, deeds, a ledger, military records, and school assignments. The majority of the records consist of deeds dated 1832-1887 of properties purchased by John Marshall Berry in Rome, Georgia. Included are deeds for one half of a commercial lot bought by Charles H. Smith, former mayor of Rome, Georgia, and one for 22 Bull Street in Savannah, Georgia. There is a merchant ledger dated 1864-1869 perhaps belonging to John Marshall Berry...
Collection number: ahc.MSS407f
Scope and Content This ledger of cabinet maker Bird Isaac Moon in Harmony Grove, Georgia, contains the names of customers, type of item made for them, and the price of the item. The collection also contains clippings of poems, recipes, and obituaries.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1176
Scope and Content This collection contains a ledger used to record business accounts. Each page contains the name of a business or individual, followed by a list of dates and numbers. It is possible this ledger was used by a general store, with each list containing purchases and wages.
Collection number: ahc.MSS350
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of financial records generated by the Cable Piano Company. Included in the collection are sales and purchase ledgers, sales report book, and account book.
Collection number: ahc.MSS83
Scope and Content The Chattahoochee Brick Company documents contain business records that show the daily operation of the company through its financial, production, legal, and management operations. Most papers date to the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. Financial documents include cash journals, reports, record books, accounts, and ledgers. Production documents include inventories, reports, and a catalogue. Legal materials include land grands, deeds, and indentures that relate to land acquisition...
Collection number: ahc.MSS274
Scope and Content This collection contains the stock book of the Copenhill Land Company.
Collection number: ahc.MSS81f
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists of a ledger used to track the monthly expenses of the Crockett Lumber Company from November 1910 to January 1914. The ledger illustrates transactions with companies such as Barfield Lumber Company, Fort Wayne Lumber Company, J.R Bennett and Sons, Woodbury Ply Mills, W.O.B. Carter and Son, Sanders Lumber Company, Capital City Club, AJ Moss, and George Miller Lumber Company.
- Subject: Business records -- Georgia X
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Kerksis, Sydney C. 2
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 2
- Sons of Confederate Veterans (Organization) 2
- 1900 Study Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Abercrombie family 1
- Alexander, Julius M. (Julius Mortimer), 1844- 1
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 1
- American Civil Liberties Union 1
- American Legion 1
- American Legion Fulton County Post 134 (Fulton County, Ga.) 1
- American Radio Relay League 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Appler, David William 1
- Arrington, Marvin S. 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Executive Committee 1
- Atlanta City Brewing Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Civil Liberties Committee 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Atlanta History Center 1
- Atlanta National Bank Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Negro Voters League 1
- Atlanta Public Library. Ida Williams Branch 1
- Atlanta Transit Authority 1
- Atlanta University 1
- Atlanta Urban League 1
- Atlanta Women’s Golf Association 1
- Atlanta's Woman of the Year Organization (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlantic Brewing and Ice Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Austell, Alfred, 1814-1881 1
- Aycock family 1
- Aycock, George W., Sr., 1846-1916 1
- Beck Steam Laundry Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Beck, Julius Frank 1
- Benning Coal Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Benning family 1
- Benning, A. H. (Augustus Harrison) 1
- Benning, Broughton Walton, 1897-1964 1
- Benning, Ella Van Nuise, 1856-1896 1
- Benning, Gertrude 1
- Benning, Henry, 1845-1898 1
- Benning, Kathleen Petty 1
- Benning, Margaret Rowena Russell 1
- Benning, Thomas Cobb 1
- Berry College 1
- Berry family 1
- Berry's and Company (Rome, Ga.) 1
- Berry, Henry R. 1
- Berry, John Marshall, 1835-1883 1
- Berry, John Marshall, 1872-1956 1
- Berry, Mary McChesney 1
- Berry, Varina 1
- Boys High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brown, Elijah Alexander, Sr. 1
- Brown, Joseph E. (Joseph Emerson), 1821-1894 1
- Browne, M. S., Dr. 1
- Buckhead Business and Development Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Building Material Merchants of Georgia 1
- Building Material Suppliers Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Burbank and Jones 1
- Busby, Dora Daniels 1
- Busby, James W., 1872-1936 1
- Butler Street YMCA (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cable Piano Company of Atlanta 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Central Presbyterian Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Central of Georgia Railway 1
- Chambers, J. W., Mrs. 1
- Chattahoochee Brick Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Civil War Centennial Commission of Illinois 1
- Civil War Round Table, Atlanta 1
- Civitan International 1
- Cleage, Pearl 1
- Clinton, W. T. 1
- Confederate States of America. Ordnance Bureau 1
- Controllers Institute of America 1
- Copenhill Land Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Crockett Lumber Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Crockett, David, 1881- 1
- Crockett, Ruth S. 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- Dodson, John W. 1
- Dortch, Mattie 1
- Draper, Jesse 1
- DuBose, Beverly M., 1918-1986 1
- DuBose, Beverly Means, 1886-1953 1
- Dubose, Beverly Means 1
- Duckworth family 1
- Emory University 1
- Empire State Oil Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- English, James W., Jr. 1
- Evans, Paul 1
- Evans, Todd 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Farrakhan, Louis 1
- Ferguson, Tom 1
- Financial Executives Institute. Atlanta Chapter 1
- Forward Atlanta Commission 1 ∧ less