Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 23
Collection number: ahc.MSS1046
Scope and Content This collection consists of papers related to Arnall T. Connell's tenure as a professor in the College of Architecture at the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) in Atlanta, Georgia. Student papers written by Connell's graduate students form the largest portion of the collection. The papers cover a large array of Atlanta-related subjects, including neighborhoods and their histories, historic preservation of buildings and homes, renovation and repurposing ideas for historic...
Collection number: ahc.VIS383
Scope and Content This collection contains images of buildings and districts evaluated or nominated by the Urban Design Commission to receive Historic status. Notable sites include Atlanta City Hall, Carnegie Library, Citizens & Southern National Bank, the English-American Building, the Hurt Building, Martin Luther King Jr.'s birth home, Morris Brown College, Rockefeller Hall at Spelman College, Sacred Heart Church, and Underground Atlanta. Additional photographs include views of buildings along Alabama,...
Collection number: ahc.VIS343
Scope and Content This collection contains images of the Benning family and the construction of the English-American (Flatiron) Building in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.VIS163
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection is comprised of photographs of buildings, street scenes, and landmarks in Atlanta, Georgia. Also included is a set of images of houses, churches, and public buildings in the Druid Hills neighborhood, and another group of photographs of the Edward Peters home on 179 Ponce de Leon Avenue. Among the images of buildings are Atlanta City Hall, Atlanta Stadium, Georgia State Capitol building, Georgia State Penitentiary, Georgia Tech, Peachtree Center, and Yaarab Shriner’s Temple....
Collection number: ahc.VIS116
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains photographs taken by commercial photographer Charles E. Troutt, presumably for his clients. Included are images of commercial buildings, government buildings, private residences, private clubs, colleges and universities, aerial views, and street scenes in various neighborhoods in Atlanta.
Collection number: ahc.VIS360
Scope and Content This collection documents the political life of Charles Longstreet Weltner and the built landscape of Atlanta, Georgia, in the 1950s and 1960s. Film footage highlights a variety of Weltner's campaign activities including him walking on the sidewalk through a blighted Atlanta neighborhood; Weltner looking over the city of Atlanta from the top of the Merchandise Mart; and scenes most likely used for campaign ads. Included are street scenes of downtown Atlanta, with views of public and private...
Collection number: ahc.VIS224
Scope and Content This collection contains twenty-four original pencil sketches on drawing board by Cornelia Cunningham Schoolcraft Huffer that she used for her book, Atlanta: City of To-Day, published in 1933. The drawings include Atlanta landmarks, street scenes, and prominent buildings and houses in the city.
Collection number: ahc.VIS186
Scope and Content This collection contains images that document the metropolitan Atlanta region and photographs illustrating social events in the city. Bell and Stanton Public Relations used these photographs documenting the Atlanta area as promotional images. Most of the images were taken in the late 1960s and include the Atlanta Civic Center, Atlanta Memorial Arts Center, First Federal Savings and Loan building, Hartford Insurance building, Peachtree Center, and the Trust Company of Georgia. The collection...
Collection number: ahc.VIS338
Scope and Content This collection contains images taken of the Tullie Smith House in its original location at 2890 North Druid Hills Road in Atlanta, DeKalb County, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.VIS246
Scope and Content This collection consists of family photographs of Mrs. Bonneau Ansley (Florence Bryan). Included are images of her parents Judge and Mrs. Shepard Bryan; great-grandmother Sally Addison Cobb Jackson (1847-1915); mother-in-law Florence King Jackson; and Sister Mary Bryan Benedict. Most of the images in the collection are informal photographs of family members taken in the home of Florence Bryan. Of special note is a photo of Florence Bryan and Judge Shepard Bryan standing before a plaque...
Collection number: ahc.VIS318
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of the interior and exterior of General John B. Gordon's residence, Sutherland, in the Kirkwood neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia, taken by commercial photographer Fred L. Howe (1857-1903) in approximately 1895. Also included are several photos of his funeral procession on Washington Street in Atlanta as his body was carried into the Georgia State Capitol building to lay in state.
Collection number: ahc.VIS227
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of Bobby Jones, Jr., his wife, Mary Malone Jones, and their three children: Clara Malone Jones Black (1925-1994); Robert Tyre Jones, III (1926-1973); and Mary Ellen Jones Hood (b. 1931). Also included are photographs of his parents, Robert Permedus Jones, Sr. (1879-1956) and Clara Merrick Thomas Jones (1881-1961), grandchildren of Bobby Jones, and acquaintances of the family. Most of the images in the collection are informal snapshots of the family taken at...
Collection number: ahc.VIS72
Scope and Contents This collection documents the prolific work of one of Atlanta’s pioneer women architects and businesswomen. It is comprised primarily of architectural plans, photographs, negatives, and slides of private residences, multi-family homes, and apartment buildings Wilburn designed during her career. Her portfolio of architectural plans in Series I includes designs of homes in Atlanta and its surrounding suburbs; in several cities and towns in Georgia, including Forsyth, McDonough, and Thomaston;...
Collection number: ahc.VIS378
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of Lethea Turman Lochridge's friends and family, including her father, S.B. Turman. Of special note are photographs from the 1911 Southern International Poultry Show in Athens, Georgia, where Lethea and her siblings won an award, as well as a photograph of her Girls High School graduating class. This collection also includes a photograph taken by Edwin Lochridge Sr. of Charles and Mary Tway's residence on 212 15th Street, which neighbored the Lochridge home.
Collection number: ahc.VIS372
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of the Peters family and their residence at the intersection of Ponce de Leon and Piedmont Avenues, as well as houses in their immediate area, including the Samuel M. Inman (1843-1915) home. Also included are photographs of the Peters family farm in Gordon County, Georgia, views of downtown Atlanta and Piedmont Park, and scenes from the 1895 Cotton States and International Exposition in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.VIS159
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains images of residential, commercial, and governmental property most likely built by the Mackle Construction Company in Atlanta, Chamblee, and Augusta, Georgia, and in South Carolina. The collection contains photographs of schools, hotels, apartments, stores, an office building, and a military base. Among the photographs of buildings in Atlanta are images of the J. P. Allen Building on Whitehall Street, the Cecil Hotel on Luckie Street, the F. J. Cooledge and Sons...
Collection number: ahc.VIS113
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection of public relations photographs contains images of the city of Atlanta that were created for the Forward Atlanta campaign in the late 1960s and early 1970s, and were meant to showcase the city. Some images were probably taken in support of other public relations activities of Bell and Stanton, but are not identified as such. Included are aerial views of downtown Atlanta, Midtown, and the Peachtree Center area, which highlight the city’s skyline and infrastructure. Other...
Collection number: ahc.VIS314
Scope and Content This collection contains images of Mildred Traver Coggin and her family members and friends, including: Lilly Hill Traver, Charles Wesley Traver, Frances Traver, Raymond Anderson, Mr. and Mrs. Hodge Havis, and unidentified individuals.
Collection number: ahc.VIS351
Scope and Content This collection contains architectural drawings, sketches, artwork, and photos of Shutze's professional work, his travels, his personal life, and his antiques. The architectural drawings are from the firms of Norrman, Hentz & Reid; Hentz & Reid; Hentz, Reid & Adler; Hentz, Adler & Shutze; and Shutze & Armistead, as well as drawings representing historic buildings designed by other architects and firms. Among his most well known buildings are Swan House owned by Edward and...
Collection number: ahc.VIS335
Scope and Content This collection contains images of the residence of Judge Clark Howell (Rosalie Howell's grandfather) and the Howell family. Also included are photographs of the Episcopal Church of the Incarnation and the Evan Park Howell School in Atlanta, Georgia. Of special note are images of the graveside and floral designs from Clark Howell's funeral at Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta.
- Subject: Houses -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Atlanta Historical Society 3
- Underground Atlanta, Inc. 3
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta Memorial Arts Center 2
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Georgia Institute of Technology 2
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Hentz, Hal, 1883-1972 2
- Oakland Cemetery (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Peters, Edward C. 2
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 2
- Adler, Rudolph Satorius 1
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 1
- Amara, Lucine, 1924- 1
- American Institute of Architects 1
- American Motor Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Anderson, Raymond 1
- Ansley family 1
- Ansley, Bonneau 1
- Ansley, Florence Bryan, 1912-2006 1
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 1
- Atlanta International Raceway (Hampton, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Municipal Market (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Union Mission (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta University Center (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Urban Design Commission (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Baptist Tabernacle Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Beaudry Motor Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Bel-Air Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Bell and Stanton Public Relations (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Benning family 1
- Benning, A. H. (Augustus Harrison) 1
- Benning, Broughton Walton, 1897-1964 1
- Benning, Ella Van Nuise, 1856-1896 1
- Benning, Gertrude 1
- Benning, Henry, 1845-1898 1
- Benning, Kathleen Petty 1
- Benning, Kitty 1
- Benning, Margaret Rowena Russell 1
- Benning, Thomas Cobb 1
- Benning, Thomas Theodore, 1835-1887 1
- Biltmore Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Black, Clara Malone Jones 1
- Blair, Ruth, 1889- 1
- Broadway Apartments (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- Bryan family 1
- Burch, Buford 1
- C.W. Motes (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Carmichael, James Vinson, 1910-1972 1
- Carnegie Library of Atlanta 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Catesby, Mark, 1683-1749 1
- Catholic Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Citizens and Southern National Bank 1
- City Apartments (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cloister (Hotel) 1
- Coca-Cola Company 1
- Coggin, Mildred Traver 1
- Collier, George Washington 1
- Colony Square (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Compton, Martha Lumpkin 1
- Connell, Arnall T. (Arnall Turner) 1
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Crestwood High School 1
- Crew Street School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Crook, Lewis Edmund, Jr. 1
- Cunningham, Cornelia 1
- Davis, Jefferson, 1808-1889 1
- Davison-Paxon-Stokes Company 1
- De Havilland, Olivia 1
- Dekalb Federal Bank 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- Dodge Brothers Cars (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- DuBose, Beverly M., 1918-1986 1
- Elam, Merrill 1
- Elmwood Apartments (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Emory University 1
- Episcopal Church of the Incarnation (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Erwin, Annie 1
- Erwin, Robert 1
- Evan P. Howell School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- F.J. Cooledge and Sons (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fair Street School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Felton, Rebecca Latimer 1
- First National Bank of Atlanta 1
- Foreman, Effie Park Howell 1
- Foreman, Langdon 1
- Foreman, Robert L. 1
- Fort Walker (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Forward Atlanta Commission 1
- Fratelli Alinari 1
- Friddell Brothers (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fuller family 1 ∧ less