Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 45
Collection number: ahc.VIS259
Scope and Content This collection contains images of homes built in the early 20th century in the Atkins Park neighborhood, Atlanta, Georgia. A variety of architectural styles are represented including Georgian Revival, American Craftsman, and English Tudor. The photographs also provide details of landscape styles as well as popular shrubs and ornamental plants used in front yard gardens. Of special note are two images of the neighborhood stone entrance gateways.
Collection number: ahc.VIS93
Scope and Contents This collection contains postcards that depict scenes in Atlanta and the state of Georgia. Most of the images are of man-made structures in Atlanta including Agnes Scott College, Atlanta Municipal Airport (now Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport), Biltmore Hotel, Booker T. Washington High School, Bulloch Hall, Candler Building, Capitol City Club, City Hall, Clark College (now Clark Atlanta University), Atlanta Cyclorama at Grant Park, English-American (Flatiron) Building, Fort McPherson,...
Collection number: ahc.VIS343
Scope and Content This collection contains images of the Benning family and the construction of the English-American (Flatiron) Building in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.VIS226
Scope and Content This collection contains both residential and commercial landscape drawings for clients throughout the southeast United States. Also included are a few projects for international clients. The majority of projects are residential clients.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1065
Scope and Content This collection contains client files detailing landscape architecture plans, estimates, invoices, and correspondence. Also included are accounting and financial records, teaching and lecture materials, and professional correspondence with vendors and nurseries. Additionally, media files contain articles highlighting Dargan projects and events.
Collection number: ahc.VIS215
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape architecture drawings of residential properties in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.VIS216
Scope and Content This collection contains a landscape drawing of the Blue Ridge Forest Resort, a 17,000 acre resort in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Tryon, North Carolina, and a perennial garden planting plan for the Cason J. Callaway Estate in LaGrange, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS980
Scope and Contents of the Records The bulk of this artificial collection consists of weekly articles Henderson wrote for the Atlanta Journal/Constitution that provided practical design advice to readers. The collection contains articles from 1942, 1943, and 1950-1977. The collection includes some original manuscripts. More frequently, however, the articles included here are copies of the published version from the Atlanta Journal/Constitution. Occasionally,...
Collection number: ahc.VIS217
Scope and Content This collection contains Henderson's landscape drawings for a residential property in Atlanta; an original rendering of the Clark Howell Homes, as part of the Housing Authority project in which Henderson took part; and over 200 of Henderson's slides on various gardening topics. Also a part of the collection are Henderson's pencil sketches of gardens, garden structures and statuary, as well as trees and landscapes.
Collection number: ahc.MSS997
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, client proposals, financial records, plant lists, project notes, and research notes that document Daugherty's landscape architecture career. Material includes a broad range of projects, such as private gardens, corporate headquarters, schools and cultural institutions. Also a part of the collection are correspondence, notes, reports, and case studies from professional organizations and committee work. Included are items from the Atlanta street tree...
Collection number: ahc.VIS207
Scope and Content This collection contains drawings of projects including private gardens, corporate clients, schools, cultural institutions, large developments, parks, and cemeteries. Notable projects are the Atlanta Historical Society (Atlanta History Center), Atlanta Botanical Garden, Coca-Cola Headquarters Complex, Piedmont Hospital, Agnes Scott College, Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology, and a large cross section of private residences in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta. Also a part of...
Collection number: ahc.VIS202
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape architectural drawings and photographs of Eugene Martini and his projects. Landscape architecture projects illustrate his focus on land planning and land use. Among his notable projects are Northside Methodist Church (Atlanta, Georgia), Springs Valley Mobile Home Court (Mobile, Alabama), and Cocoa Isles and Rivers Isles communities (Cocoa Beach, Florida). The collection also includes photographs of the Martini family and Eugene Martini from childhood through...
Collection number: ahc.MSS148
Scope and Content This collection contains chiefly correspondence, but also includes professional publications, seminar lectures and writings as well as family genealogy. Correspondence consists of letters and statements to residential clients, corporations, and government entities. Letters to local landscape architects, professional organizations, and family members are also included. Documents provide insight into Martini's work with site planning, subdivision planning, and career development. Personal...
Collection number: ahc.MSS981
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection documents the founding of the Ladies’ Garden Club of Athens and its early history through published materials, transcriptions of newspaper articles, and a manuscript detailing facts about the club. The bulk of the material, however, documents the development of the Founders Memorial Garden at the University of Georgia between 1936 and 1946. The collection primarily contains published articles and correspondence regarding financial contributions to the endeavor and development...
Collection number: ahc.MSS786f
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, contracts, and invoices for landscape work completed at the Memorial Garden at the Governor's Mansion. Also included are descriptions of stonework such as a limestone oval and a millstone. Of special interest are plant lists providing details of trees and shrubs used in the project.
Collection number: ahc.VIS274
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape plans for the Governor's Mansion Memorial Garden providing details of stone work, retaining walls, terraces, and benches. Drawings include identified trees, shrubs, and garden features.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1088
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape plans, pamphlets, reports, and a directory that provide details on the career of G. Eric Harkness. Materials are from a variety of projects, including commercial, residential, and government clients. Pamphlets show a wide range of interests and topics from ornamental plants to city street planning.
Collection number: ahc.VIS240
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings and photographic prints that landscape architect G. Eric Harkness produced between 1954 and 1994. A variety of projects are represented such as city planning, commercial and residential properties, parks and urban renewal developments. Of special interest are drawings and plans for Alpine Village of Helen, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1007
Scope and Content This collection contains descriptive landscape surveys and accompanying research material such as correspondence, articles, maps, and garden sketches which document the history and current condition of historic landscapes included in the project. Many garden surveys are associated with a significant individual or house and provide social and cultural history as well as landscape history. Material varies according to the availability of information about each site.
Collection number: ahc.VIS188
Scope and Content The collection includes drawings that document Baldwin's landscape architecture career from university course work in 1947 through projects executed in 2003. The projects include country clubs, hospitals, medical facilities, marinas, multi-family residential, parks, public housing, religious, schools, single-family residential, urban development and urban renewal. Projects of special interest to Atlanta and the Southeast include Atlanta Athletic Country Club, Falcon Training Center, MARTA...
- Subject: Landscape architecture -- Georgia X
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Georgia Chapter 5
- Garden Club of Georgia. 5
- Baldwin, Harry J. 4
- Martini and Associates, Landscape Architects and Planning Consultants (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Smith, William T. (William Tingle) 4
- Cothran, James R. 3
- Franklin-Smith Associates 3
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Southeast Chapter 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 2
- Atlanta Historical Society 2
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Baldwin and Associates Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Bell, J. Newton (Jewell Newton) 2
- Butts, Norman C. 2
- Callaway, Cason J. (Cason Jewell) 2
- Clark Howell Homes (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Dargan Landscape Architects, Inc. 2
- Dargan, Hugh Graham 2
- Dargan, Mary Palmer 2
- Daugherty, Edward L. 2
- Franklin, Daniel Berry 2
- Georgia Governor's Mansion (Atlanta, Ga.). Memorial Garden 2
- Harkness, G. Eric (George Eric) 2
- Henderson, Edith, 1911- 2
- Martini, Eugene R. 2
- Monroe's Landscape and Nursery Co. (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Monroe, William L., 1892-1965 2
- Monroe, William L., 1925-1999 2
- Pauley, William C. (William Crooks) 2
- Peachtree Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Techwood Homes (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Terminal Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Aaron, Hank, 1934- 1
- Agnes Scott College 1
- Alger, Barrett 1
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 1
- Ashford Park Nurseries (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atkins Park Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Botanical Garden 1
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Falcons. (Football team) 1
- Atlanta History Center 1
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Benning family 1
- Benning, A. H. (Augustus Harrison) 1
- Benning, Broughton Walton, 1897-1964 1
- Benning, Ella Van Nuise, 1856-1896 1
- Benning, Gertrude 1
- Benning, Henry, 1845-1898 1
- Benning, Kathleen Petty 1
- Benning, Kitty 1
- Benning, Margaret Rowena Russell 1
- Benning, Thomas Cobb 1
- Benning, Thomas Theodore, 1835-1887 1
- Berckmans, Louis Mathieu Edouard, 1801-1883 1
- Berckmans, Prosper Jules Alphonse, 1830-1910 1
- Birmingham Terminal Station (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- Butts family 1
- C. A. Dahl Co. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Callaway Gardens (Pine Mountain, Ga.) 1
- Callaway, Virginia Hand 1
- Campbell, John Bulow, 1870-1940 1
- Campbell, Laura Berry 1
- Candler, Asa Griggs, 1851-1929 1
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Chastain Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cherokee Garden Library (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Clarke, Helen Hawkins 1
- Colonial Williamsburg, inc.. Dept. of Collections 1
- Cook, Gussie (Augusta Theodocia), 1880-1957 1
- Cooke & Swope (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cooke, E. Burton 1
- Cooney, Loraine M. (Loraine Meeks) 1
- Courts, Virginia Orme Campbell 1
- Cox College (College Park, Ga.) 1
- Draper, E. S. (Earle Sumner) 1
- East Lake Golf Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- First Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- First National Bank of Atlanta 1
- Fort McPherson (Ga.) 1
- Founders Memorial Garden (Athens, Ga.) 1
- Fox Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fruitland Nurseries (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- Garden Club of America 1
- Gardens for Peace (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia Institute of Technology 1
- Georgia School of Technology 1
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia. Historic Preservation Division 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Grady, Henry Woodfin, 1850-1889 1
- Habersham Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hastings, Louise Brown 1
- Henry Grady Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hines, Nelle Womack, 1875-1963 1
- Historic American Landscapes Survey 1
- Historic Landscape Initiative (Project) 1
- Hoffman, John Leon 1 ∧ less