Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 23
Collection number: ahc.VIS259
Scope and Content This collection contains images of homes built in the early 20th century in the Atkins Park neighborhood, Atlanta, Georgia. A variety of architectural styles are represented including Georgian Revival, American Craftsman, and English Tudor. The photographs also provide details of landscape styles as well as popular shrubs and ornamental plants used in front yard gardens. Of special note are two images of the neighborhood stone entrance gateways.
Collection number: ahc.VIS343
Scope and Content This collection contains images of the Benning family and the construction of the English-American (Flatiron) Building in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1065
Scope and Content This collection contains client files detailing landscape architecture plans, estimates, invoices, and correspondence. Also included are accounting and financial records, teaching and lecture materials, and professional correspondence with vendors and nurseries. Additionally, media files contain articles highlighting Dargan projects and events.
Collection number: ahc.VIS215
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape architecture drawings of residential properties in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS997
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, client proposals, financial records, plant lists, project notes, and research notes that document Daugherty's landscape architecture career. Material includes a broad range of projects, such as private gardens, corporate headquarters, schools and cultural institutions. Also a part of the collection are correspondence, notes, reports, and case studies from professional organizations and committee work. Included are items from the Atlanta street tree...
Collection number: ahc.MSS148
Scope and Content This collection contains chiefly correspondence, but also includes professional publications, seminar lectures and writings as well as family genealogy. Correspondence consists of letters and statements to residential clients, corporations, and government entities. Letters to local landscape architects, professional organizations, and family members are also included. Documents provide insight into Martini's work with site planning, subdivision planning, and career development. Personal...
Collection number: ahc.MSS786f
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, contracts, and invoices for landscape work completed at the Memorial Garden at the Governor's Mansion. Also included are descriptions of stonework such as a limestone oval and a millstone. Of special interest are plant lists providing details of trees and shrubs used in the project.
Collection number: ahc.VIS274
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape plans for the Governor's Mansion Memorial Garden providing details of stone work, retaining walls, terraces, and benches. Drawings include identified trees, shrubs, and garden features.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1088
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape plans, pamphlets, reports, and a directory that provide details on the career of G. Eric Harkness. Materials are from a variety of projects, including commercial, residential, and government clients. Pamphlets show a wide range of interests and topics from ornamental plants to city street planning.
Collection number: ahc.VIS240
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings and photographic prints that landscape architect G. Eric Harkness produced between 1954 and 1994. A variety of projects are represented such as city planning, commercial and residential properties, parks and urban renewal developments. Of special interest are drawings and plans for Alpine Village of Helen, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS999
Scope and Content The collection includes files that document Baldwin's landscape architecture career. The Project Records contain correspondence and other materials related to projects completed by Baldwin and Associates and show Baldwin's collaboration with such practitioners as African American architect Leon G. Allain and female landscape architect Edith Harrison Henderson. The Professional Papers contain Baldwin's coursework at the University of Georgia, professional correspondence, registration...
Collection number: ahc.MSS976
Scope and Contents of the Records The Helen Hawkins Clarke collection contains landscape sketches drawn by Clarke. Photographs of Clarke at work and photographs of the work she completed in her garden are also included. Clarke’s clippings of photographs and landscape designs from popular magazines from the 1920s and 1930s constitute a large portion of the collection. The bulk of the collection dates from 1923-1938. The collection also contains two issues of Garden Gateways, correspondence regarding the restoration of the...
Collection number: ahc.VIS262
Scope and Content This collection contains slides, photographs, and negatives taken or collected by Cothran depicting topics such as botanists, naturalists, landscape designers and architects; horticultural, gardening and landscape topics; and historic gardens of the Southeast, other regions of the United States, and Europe. Material also includes images used in Cothran's lectures and books he authored. The majority of the collection consists of images taken by Cothran on his travels or collected during...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1137
Scope and Content The majority of this collection contains correspondence, estimates, ledgers, proposals, and planting studies that provide a history of Julia O. Martin's career as principal of Julia O. Martin Landscape Design. Martin's resume and clippings offer details of her personal and professional life. Of special note are Martin's garden design sketches included in various planting studies.
Collection number: ahc.VIS379
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs taken by Reeves Studios of the gardens of Laura and John Bulow Campbell's property at 2958 Andrews Drive. The images highlight a boxwood terrace garden with tulips, a central pool featuring a Leda and the Swan bronze statue, garden tile, and a grassy allee flanked by dogwoods in bloom. Of special note are several millstones, popular decoration in gardens of that time period.
Collection number: ahc.VIS33
Scope and Content This collection documents the Atlanta urban environment, particularly during the 1950s and 1960s, through cityscapes, aerial views and scenes of individual buildings as the city underwent a period of building and growth. The arrival of the city's first professional sports team, the Atlanta Braves, is documented. Also included in the collection are scenes pertaining to Southern politics including local, state and presidential races. A wide variety of Georgia agriculture and industry is...
Collection number: ahc.VIS268
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs and postcards which provide details of the personal, military, and professional career of Norman Butts in New York, France, and Georgia. Included are images of his early family life, college years at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, and landscaping projects in Atlanta, Georgia. Both Butts' work with Ashford Park Nurseries in Brookhaven and his own Atlanta landscaping business are represented. Of special interest are photographs of the gardens and...
Collection number: ahc.MSS681
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains minutes, committee reports, financial statements, membership information, and correspondence that documents the civic and social activities of the club. Materials from Presidents Brenda Dreyer and Dean Smith comprise a substantial section of the collection from the years 1999 to 2003. Also in the collection are scrapbooks as well as GCA manuals and meeting programs from the GCA Annual and Zone Meetings beginning with 1932. A large amount of material details the GCA Zone...
Collection number: ahc.VIS334
Scope and Content This collection contains images taken within Piedmont Park, and photographs displaying statues and architecture around Atlanta.
Collection number: ahc.VIS349
Scope and Content This collection contains images and architectural designs of Marye as well as the firms Marye, Alger, and Alger, and Marye, Alger, and Vinour. Included are photographs of the Fox Theatre, the Southern Bell Telephone Building, Terminal Station, and public, commercial, and residential buildings in Atlanta and other cities. Also included are photographs of the interior of the buildings. The architectural drawings consist of Marye's plans for St. Luke's Episcopal Church. Of special note are 1970...
- Subject: Landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Smith, William T. (William Tingle) 3
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Georgia Chapter 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 2
- Baldwin, Harry J. 2
- Butts, Norman C. 2
- Franklin, Daniel Berry 2
- Franklin-Smith Associates 2
- Georgia Governor's Mansion (Atlanta, Ga.). Memorial Garden 2
- Harkness, G. Eric (George Eric) 2
- Martini and Associates, Landscape Architects and Planning Consultants (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Peachtree Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Aaron, Hank, 1934- 1
- Agnes Scott College 1
- Alger, Barrett 1
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Southeast Chapter 1
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 1
- Ashford Park Nurseries (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atkins Park Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Botanical Garden 1
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Falcons. (Football team) 1
- Atlanta History Center 1
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Baldwin and Associates Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Benning family 1
- Benning, A. H. (Augustus Harrison) 1
- Benning, Broughton Walton, 1897-1964 1
- Benning, Ella Van Nuise, 1856-1896 1
- Benning, Gertrude 1
- Benning, Henry, 1845-1898 1
- Benning, Kathleen Petty 1
- Benning, Kitty 1
- Benning, Margaret Rowena Russell 1
- Benning, Thomas Cobb 1
- Benning, Thomas Theodore, 1835-1887 1
- Birmingham Terminal Station (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- Butts family 1
- Callaway Gardens (Pine Mountain, Ga.) 1
- Campbell, John Bulow, 1870-1940 1
- Campbell, Laura Berry 1
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Clarke, Helen Hawkins 1
- Colonial Williamsburg, inc.. Dept. of Collections 1
- Cook, Gussie (Augusta Theodocia), 1880-1957 1
- Cooke & Swope (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cooke, E. Burton 1
- Cothran, James R. 1
- Courts, Virginia Orme Campbell 1
- Dargan Landscape Architects, Inc. 1
- Dargan, Hugh Graham 1
- Dargan, Mary Palmer 1
- Daugherty, Edward L. 1
- East Lake Golf Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- First Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- First National Bank of Atlanta 1
- Fox Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Garden Club of America 1
- Garden Club of Georgia. 1
- Gardens for Peace (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia Institute of Technology 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Henry Grady Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hines, Nelle Womack, 1875-1963 1
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio) 1
- Jackson, Graham Washington 1
- Jellicoe, Geoffrey, 1900-1996 1
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973 1
- Johnson, Marion 1
- Jones, Bobby 1
- Julia O. Martin Landscape Design 1
- Ku Klux Klan, 1915- 1
- Little White House (Warm Springs, Ga.) 1
- Martin, Julia Orme 1
- Martini, Eugene R. 1
- Marye, P. Thornton (Philip Thornton) 1
- Masters Golf Tournament 1
- Matthews, Eddie (Edwin Lee) 1
- Monroe Gardens (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Monroe family 1
- Monroe's Landscape and Nursery Co. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Monroe, Evelyn D. (Evelyn Doris) 1
- Monroe, Ila S. (Ila Smith) 1
- Monroe, William L., 1892-1965 1
- Monroe, William L., 1925-1999 1
- Morningside Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- National Bank of Georgia 1
- Norcross, N. I. 1
- Norman C. Butts Nursery (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Paramount Theater (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Peachtree Road Race (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Proctor, Betsy 1
- Proctor, Mary 1
- Reeves Studios (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 1
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 1
- Rosendorf, Peter J. 1
- Roswell Presbyterian Church 1 ∧ less