Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of images of the historic Midtown area in Atlanta, Georgia. The photographs were taken for draft nomination on the National Register of Historic Places for Midtown. Included are photos of churches, Henry Grady High School, stores and businesses, street scapes, apartments, and homes in the Midtown area. Types of homes photographed vary among bungalows, duplexes, row houses, carriage houses, alley dwellings, and cottages. Of special interest are photographs of the...
Scope and Content This collection contains two textual items related to the design of the Fine Arts Building for the Cotton States and International Exposition of 1895. The first is a two-page letter from Horace Bradley, head of the Fine Arts Department at the 1895 Cotton States Exposition, to Walter T. Downing praising his design work on the Fine Arts Building. The second item is a page from a montly society and travel newspaper, The Chicago 400, with a picture of the Fine Arts...
Dates: 1895, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains images created or collected by Walter T. Downing. These images include lithographs, collotypes, photographs, and photographic reproductions of architectural details and sculptures from books and serials. The books include Lacy's Dramatic Costumes and Die Tapezierkunst which contains reproduced sketches of tapestries and window decorations. Also included are images of architectural details including...
Dates: 1865-1899, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains documents pertaining to the cost of construction for a house designed by W. T. Downing for J. F. Beck located at 531 North Boulevard in the Old Fourth Ward neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia. Also included in the collection are the taxes paid on the house through 1902, when the house was sold.
- Names: Downing, W. T. (Walter Thomas) X
- Architecture, Domestic -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Architect-designed houses 1
- Architecture -- Details 1
- Architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Pictorial works 1
- Art -- Periodicals 1
- Collotype 1
- Construction industry -- Costs 1
- Historic buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Lithography -- 19th century 1
- Midtown (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Piedmont Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1 ∧ less
- Bradley, Horace 2
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia. Department of Natural Resources (1972- ) 1
- Henry Grady High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 1