Showing Collections: 81 - 100 of 485
Collection number: ahc.MSS446
Scope and Content This collection contains newspaper clippings, periodicals, recipe booklets, and academic certificates.
Dates: 1888-1965, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS164
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains portraits of members of four generations of the Carlisle family of Atlanta, Georgia. Also included are photographs that depict activities such as sporting events and summer camp. Photographs of family members include James and Mary Carlisle, and two of their children, Isaac and Annie May. Among the identified photographs are images of the children of Isaac and Laura Carlisle; William Rhodes Carlisle, I. Reed Carlisle, and Harry B. Carlisle. Photographs of members of a...
Dates: circa 1870 – 1960, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS296f
Scope and Content This collection contains a diary of Carrie Ellett Roy of Atlanta, Georgia, the wife of Dr. Dunbar Roy, an Atlanta physician specializing in care of the ear, nose, and throat. Mrs. Roy was born in Richmond, Virginia, and was the daughter of T. H. and Fanny Green Ellett. The diary contains entries regarding dinner and other social engagements and mentions such organizations as the Piedmont Driving Club, Druid Hills Club, Capital City Club, and the 19th Century History Class.
Collection number: ahc.MSS309
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of a single scrapbook that contains newspaper clippings pertaining primarily to social and entertainment events.
Dates: 1862-1935, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS292
Scope and Content This collection consists of two scrapbooks that primarily contain newspaper clippings. The newspaper clippings primarily pertain to Carrie R. Herreshoff and the Herreshoff family as well as a column titled "Historic Homes" by Pat Jones. They also contains a few photographs and invitations.
Dates: 1860-1943, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1087
Scope and Content This collection contains documents that provide a history of the social and civic activities of the club. Materials include clippings, correspondence, histories, minutes, and yearbooks. Scrapbooks offer more details on programs, projects, and club interests on a wide variety of gardening topics. Of special interest are scrapbook images of Cascade Road from approximately 1939.
Dates: 1933-2001, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS756
Scope and Content This collection contains various catalogues including Sears and Roebuck, Macy's, Davison's, Rich's, and J.C. Penney's. Catalogues are annual, biannual, and seasonal. This collection is alphabetical in boxes one through twenty-five, after that the catalogs are in random order as added.
Collection number: ahc.MSS965
Scope and Content Records consist of St. Annes' and St. Agnes Chapter minutes, financial records, and yearbooks and a bible. The Cathedral had established its own Archives so the rest of this collection (formerly MSS 447), which was on loan with the Atlanta History Center, is now housed there.
Collection number: ahc.MSS24
Scope and Content These papers consist of some personal and business papers of Cecil A. Alexander, 1907-1918, consisting of correspondence, purchase and tax notes, pamphlets, and others. Additionally, there is a memoir written by Rebecca Ella Solomons Alexander, 1854-1935.
Collection number: ahc.MSS754f
Scope and Content This collection contains one letter addressed from Edna to Cecil Rentz, postmarked 1931, written on Henry Grady Hotel stationary. It describes a vacation in Atlanta.
Collection number: ahc.MSS38f
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook created by Girls' High School graduate Celia Bressler. The scrapbook contains newspaper clippings, her report cards, photographs, graduation programs, greeting cards, and handwritten notes to her from her classmates recounting events from their school days.
Collection number: ahc.VIS139
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains images of Atlanta’s physical landscape, including buildings, streets, residences, office parks, retail stores, shopping malls, interstates, and railroads in neighborhoods within the city. Many of the photographs were probably used in presentations to business leaders and task forces that worked on projects related to economic development, transportation, housing, and urban design. The images illustrate the growth of the city, and changes that have occurred in the...
Dates: 1960- 1981, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS591
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists primarily of the records of Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. The collection includes a small amount of material (1929-1952) from predecessor organizations: Central Atlanta Improvement Association, Greater Atlanta for Annexation, Inc, and the Central Marietta Street Association. The collection also includes early correspondence regarding the Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis Railroad and the construction of viaducts and bridges in downtown Atlanta in the 1920s and...
Dates: 1924-1994, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS354
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of the records created by the Central Presbyterian Church. Included in the records are minutes, church histories, photographs, and programs.
Collection number: ahc.VIS134
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains photographs of banks, businesses, theaters, clubs, hotels, and grocery stores in downtown Atlanta, including two structures, the Atlanta Theater and the Equitable Building that were built by engineer and developer Joel Hurt. The collection also contains photographs of the Candler Building, the Century Building, the Empire Building, the English-American Building, and the Piedmont Hotel. Among the images are photographs taken by Tracy Mathewson, Edwards and Sons, and...
Dates: circa 1893 - 1923
Collection number: ahc.MSS286
Scope and Content This collection consists of a single scrapbook that contains newspaper clippings pertaining to events in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dates: 1900-1903, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS360
Scope and Content This collection documents the political life of Charles Longstreet Weltner and the built landscape of Atlanta, Georgia, in the 1950s and 1960s. Film footage highlights a variety of Weltner's campaign activities including him walking on the sidewalk through a blighted Atlanta neighborhood; Weltner looking over the city of Atlanta from the top of the Merchandise Mart; and scenes most likely used for campaign ads. Included are street scenes of downtown Atlanta, with views of public and private...
Dates: approximately 1958-1966, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS298
Scope and Content This collection consists of a single scrapbook containing newspaper clippings. Topics collected include state and national politics; consolidation of Atlanta Chamber of Commerce and the Atlanta Business League; Atlanta Horse Show; Atlanta Lecture Association; and religion.
Collection number: ahc.MSS973
Scope and Content This collection contains one scrapbook that documents the club's civic and social activities. Included in the scrapbook are correspondence, clippings, photos, programs, and yearbooks that provide details on the meetings, flower shows, and civic work of the club.
Collection number: ahc.MSS83
Scope and Content The Chattahoochee Brick Company documents contain business records that show the daily operation of the company through its financial, production, legal, and management operations. Most papers date to the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. Financial documents include cash journals, reports, record books, accounts, and ledgers. Production documents include inventories, reports, and a catalogue. Legal materials include land grands, deeds, and indentures that relate to land acquisition...
Dates: 1821-1941, undated
- Subject: Atlanta (Ga.) X
- Atlanta Historical Society 17
- Hartsfield, William Berry 17
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 11
- Georgia Institute of Technology 10
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 10
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 10
- Rich's (Retail store) 10
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 9
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 8
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 8
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Fowler, Wyche, 1940- 8
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 8
- Atlanta (Ga.). Police Department 7
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 7
- Coca-Cola Company 7
- Maddox, Lester, 1915-2003 7
- Massell, Sam 7
- Swan House (Atlanta, Ga.) 7
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Emory University 6
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Fox Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Georgia Power Company 6
- Henry Grady Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Hurt Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949 6
- Southeastern Fair (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Underground Atlanta, Inc. 6
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 5
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 5
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Atlanta History Center 5
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- C. W. Motes (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Forward Atlanta Commission 5
- Georgia. General Assembly 5
- Inman, Emily Caroline MacDougald 5
- King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006 5
- Ku Klux Klan, 1915- 5
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 5
- Oakland Cemetery (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 5
- Slaton, John M. 5
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 5
- University of Georgia 5
- Agnes Scott College 4
- American Red Cross 4
- Atlanta (Ga.) 4
- Atlanta Art Association 4
- Atlanta Housing Authority 4
- Atlanta Urban League 4
- Biltmore Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Boy Scouts of America . National Council 4
- Busbee, George, 1927-2004 4
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 4
- DuBose, Beverly M., 1918-1986 4
- Flatiron Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Frank, Leo, 1884-1915 4
- Georgia Federation of Women's Clubs 4
- Inman, Edward H., 1881-1931 4
- Junior League of Atlanta 4
- Kuhns Photographic Studio (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Lakewood Fairgrounds (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 4
- Loew's Grand Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Peters family 4
- Peters, Edward C. 4
- Peters, Richard 4
- Reeves Studios (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 4
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference 4
- Tallulah Falls School (Tallulah Falls, Ga.) 4
- Technological High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Terminal Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Thornton House (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Union Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Western and Atlantic Railroad Company 4
- Zoo Atlanta 4
- Allen family 3
- Allen, Ivan, III, 1938-1992 3
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 3
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 3
- Arrington, Marvin S. 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Aldermen 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Executive Committee 3
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 3
- Atlanta Falcons (Football team) 3
- Atlanta Memorial Arts Center 3
- Atlanta Music Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Atlanta Urban Design Commission (Ga.) 3 ∧ less