Showing Collections: 161 - 180 of 485
Collection number: ahc.MSS796
Scope and Content This collection consists of personal papers of Esther Garrett Wynne, including correspondence with her brother, Franklin Garrett. Other documents are invitations, newspaper clippings, correspondence with others, memorabilia, and garden club yearbooks. There are also eight scrapbooks, which highlight Mrs. Wynne's activities throughout her life, including her first marriage, her time in the Red Cross, travels, and her social activities.
Dates: 1926-1972, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS321f
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook kept by Ethel Taylor Snipes at Girls High School. Included are autographs of those attending the 50th class reunion in 1972. Also included are photos, clippings, programs, an official list of textbooks, Red Cross certificates, and report cards.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1009
Scope and Content The collection consists of issues ofThe Exposition, a newspaper published for the employees of the Exposition Cotton Mills. The newspaper, published semi-monthly, printed primarily information pertaining to the mill and its employees. Some issues included advertisements for the mill store and beauty shop as well as leisure activities organized by the mill. Most issues printed photographs of mill employees and their families and mill sponsored events. A few...
Dates: 1919-1957; Majority of material found within 1937 - 1942
Collection number: ahc.MSS800
Scope and Content This collection consists of two scrapbooks covering the period 1949-1981. The scrapbooks contain photographs, notices, and yearbooks documenting the activities of the Fine Arts Forum.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1124
Scope and Content This collection includes newsletters, brochures, and handbooks of the First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta, documenting its ministry and membership. The handbooks list outreach programs as well as its organizational structure. The collection also includes annual reports detailing the church's activities throughout the year and bulletins that detail celebrations for the church's 150th anniversary.
Dates: 1977-2001, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS201f
Scope and Content This collection contains one bound volume. Inside are two letters to Miss Ruth Blair, the Executive Secretary of the Atlanta Historical Society, dated March 11, 1938 and March 18, 1938, both from Fitzhugh Knox, Sr. Also included is a short manuscript titled “My Reminiscences From 1883”. The first part of the manuscript is a memoir which mentions many prominent citizens, such as Joel Chandler Harris, Carroll Payne, and Henry W. Grady; businesses, like the Merchants Bank of Atlanta, J. Regenstein...
Collection number: ahc.MSS22
Scope and Content These papers consist of material about the Masons and Atlanta. Papers include newspaper clippings, correspondence, a booklet, Atlanta city directories, and Masonic literature and directory.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1139
Scope and Content This collection contains one scrapbook that provides details of the social and civic activities of the club. The scrapbook includes clippings, photographs, program information, and one yearbook. Entries and awards from flower shows are also detailed. Of special interest are sketches of a garden beautification project and signpost along Peachtree Battle Avenue between Woodward Way and Dellwood Drive in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta.
Collection number: ahc.VIS132
Scope and Contents of the Records Included in this collection are several photographs of Atlanta religious centers. Outlar photographed Christian churches, but also provided images of Jewish synagogues as well. The collection contains exterior views of the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, Central Baptist Church, Central Presbyterian Church, Christ the King Cathedral, St. Phillips Episcopal Church, Druid Hills Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, First Christian Church, First Congregational Church, First Methodist Church,...
Dates: circa 1950, 1952-1953
Collection number: ahc.VIS141
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains photographs of courthouses, churches, post offices, rivers, lakes, schools, industrial areas, farms, and private residences in cities and towns across North Georgia and the Atlanta area. Included are images taken in Alpharetta, Atlanta, Ben Hill, Bolton, Crabapple, Fairburn, Morgan Falls, Newton, Roswell and Warsaw, Georgia. Among the photographs are images of the old Milton County Courthouse of Alpharetta, the Chattahoochee Industrial Park in Atlanta, Mt. Gilead...
Dates: 1948- 1955
Collection number: ahc.MSS998
Scope and Content The collection primarily contains materials pertaining to the activities of Captain Francis DeGress during and after the Civil War. Some of the documents include personal accounts of battle activities by Captain DeGress, field reports, military certificates, correspondence, official records of DeGress' Battery, and ledgers documenting clothing accounts for soldiers under his command. Of special interest is a letter from Theodore Davis to Mrs. Francis DeGress describing Captain DeGress'...
Dates: 1862-1917, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS195
Scope and Content The collection contains five photographs of Francis DeGress. Most are portrait shots with the exception of one which is a group shot of eight gentlemen in uniform.
Dates: 1864, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS798f
Scope and Content This collection contains a two-volume set of journals kept by Francis Harwood Evans during his service in World War I, along with materials he collected; a daily log kept by Alice Wescott Clough; and a copy of The Christian Index. Volume one of Evans's journals contains entries from his training in the United States Army, an announcement of his marriage to Clough, a Christmas card, a sketch of a soldier, a message from the French bank, Cox & Co., and a...
Dates: 1915-1925, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS80
Scope and Content Atlanta resident Frank Davenport took these photographs after the fire. One image depicts the damage done to the house of Frank and Emmagene Davenport at 345 Pine Street. Also included are wider-angle shots from an aerial perspective offering a more complete view of the damage.
Collection number: ahc.VIS145
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains photographs taken by Fred L. Howe at the Cotton States and International Exposition. Photographs in the collection contain images of buildings and grounds, and exhibitions featuring advances in transportation, electricity, forestry, agriculture, and art. Other photographs of exhibitions feature Confederate history, African American and Native American culture and history, and the Liberty Bell on loan from the city of Philadelphia. The collection also illustrates...
Collection number: ahc.MSS943
Scope and Content The records include by-laws, articles of incorporation, correspondence, newsletters, meeting minutes, and clippings documenting various projects and concerns on behalf of the Park.
Dates: 1984-1990; Majority of material found within 1988 - 1989
Collection number: ahc.MSS1088
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape plans, pamphlets, reports, and a directory that provide details on the career of G. Eric Harkness. Materials are from a variety of projects, including commercial, residential, and government clients. Pamphlets show a wide range of interests and topics from ornamental plants to city street planning.
Dates: 1957-2006, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS701
Scope and Content This collection consists of records of membership, financial statements, questionnaires, and other other forms used in conducting the business of the club.
Dates: 1952-1991, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS703
Scope and Content Most of the material in this collection focuses on Enoch Smythe Gambrell and Barmore Pepper Gambrell. The other members of the family are covered sparingly. The records relating to Enoch Smythe include newspaper clippings, correspondence, copies of speeches, and numerous published pamphlets which contain articles written by him or on related topics. There are numerous pamphlets and clippings on his speech for the American Bar Association at Runnymede in England and an audiotape of that speech....
Dates: 1930-1987, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1101
Scope and Content This collection contains materials that document the civic and social activities of the club. Included in the collection are directories that list members, committees, and calendars of activities. Additionally, a scrapbook provides details of the first two years of the club's neighborhood Ice Cream Socials and traffic island improvements.
- Subject: Atlanta (Ga.) X
- Atlanta Historical Society 17
- Hartsfield, William Berry 17
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 11
- Georgia Institute of Technology 10
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 10
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 10
- Rich's (Retail store) 10
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 9
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 8
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 8
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Fowler, Wyche, 1940- 8
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 8
- Atlanta (Ga.). Police Department 7
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 7
- Coca-Cola Company 7
- Maddox, Lester, 1915-2003 7
- Massell, Sam 7
- Swan House (Atlanta, Ga.) 7
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Emory University 6
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Fox Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Georgia Power Company 6
- Henry Grady Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Hurt Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949 6
- Southeastern Fair (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Underground Atlanta, Inc. 6
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 5
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 5
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Atlanta History Center 5
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- C. W. Motes (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Forward Atlanta Commission 5
- Georgia. General Assembly 5
- Inman, Emily Caroline MacDougald 5
- King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006 5
- Ku Klux Klan, 1915- 5
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 5
- Oakland Cemetery (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 5
- Slaton, John M. 5
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 5
- University of Georgia 5
- Agnes Scott College 4
- American Red Cross 4
- Atlanta (Ga.) 4
- Atlanta Art Association 4
- Atlanta Housing Authority 4
- Atlanta Urban League 4
- Biltmore Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Boy Scouts of America . National Council 4
- Busbee, George, 1927-2004 4
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 4
- DuBose, Beverly M., 1918-1986 4
- Flatiron Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Frank, Leo, 1884-1915 4
- Georgia Federation of Women's Clubs 4
- Inman, Edward H., 1881-1931 4
- Junior League of Atlanta 4
- Kuhns Photographic Studio (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Lakewood Fairgrounds (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 4
- Loew's Grand Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Peters family 4
- Peters, Edward C. 4
- Peters, Richard 4
- Reeves Studios (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 4
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference 4
- Tallulah Falls School (Tallulah Falls, Ga.) 4
- Technological High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Terminal Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Thornton House (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Union Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Western and Atlantic Railroad Company 4
- Zoo Atlanta 4
- Allen family 3
- Allen, Ivan, III, 1938-1992 3
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 3
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 3
- Arrington, Marvin S. 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Aldermen 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Executive Committee 3
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 3
- Atlanta Falcons (Football team) 3
- Atlanta Memorial Arts Center 3
- Atlanta Music Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Atlanta Urban Design Commission (Ga.) 3 ∧ less