Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Content This collection contains one scrapbook that provides details of the social and civic activities of the club. The scrapbook includes clippings, photographs, program information, and one yearbook. Entries and awards from flower shows are also detailed. Of special interest are sketches of a garden beautification project and signpost along Peachtree Battle Avenue between Woodward Way and Dellwood Drive in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta.
Scope and Content This collection contains materials which detail the social and civic activities of the club and provide details on programs and projects. Included in the collection are clippings, articles, correspondence, and flower show ephemera. Of special interest are scrapbook items concerning member Louise B. Hastings, past president of The Garden Club of Georgia, well known lecturer, author, and wife of Donald M. Hastings, owner of H. G. Hastings Co.
Dates: 1932-1957, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains yearbooks, histories, flower show programs, and project reports that document the activities of the club. Scrapbooks provide details of meetings, social events, and numerous civic projects of the club. Of special interest is the club's history of the section of Lenox Road that was known as Indian Creek Acres by the resident members. Also of note is a report for a civic project to save the landmark Buckhead tree on which the original buck's head was hung, and gave the...
Scope and Content This collection contains materials regarding the creation and management of the Peachtree-Cherokee Trust, the publication and promotion of Architecture of Neel Reid in Georgia by James H. Grady, and documents detailing the life and work of Reid. Papers include legal documents, correspondence, book reviews and publicity, financial records, research notes, articles, and clippings.
Dates: 1963-1975, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains scrapbooks that provide details on the civic and social activities of the club. The scrapbooks contain clippings, correspondence, photographs, and flower show programs. Of special interest are club histories that describe the Peachtree Creek neighborhood in the early years of development.
- Buckhead (Atlanta, Ga.) -- History 4
- Flower shows -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies, etc. 4
- Architects -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Architecture, domestic -- Georgia 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Authors and publishers -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Civil defense -- Georgia 1
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Societies, etc. 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Historic preservation -- Georgia 1
- Lenox Road (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Parkways -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Peachtree Creek (Ga.) 1
- Women in community development -- Georgia 1 ∧ less
- Cerebral Palsy Center of Atlanta, Inc. 1
- Cherokee Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Forsythia Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Grady, James H. 1
- Habersham Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1